Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its here now available

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by burban89, Dec 13, 2006.

1. burban89

burban89 1/2 ton status

[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]PowerPlant Dual Force
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]A truck mounted, multi-purpose performance tool that features the capabilitites of both an on-board air compressor and a winch.

Includes on-board air for: airing up tires at the end of the trail
    running air driven locking differentials
    inflating rafts, water toys, and camping equipment
    other utility needs

[FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]SEMA Award Winner[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]
    • SEMA Best New Off-Road/4-Wheel Drive Product
    • Popular Mechanics' Editor's Choice Award
    • General Motors' SEMA Design Award for Best New Accessory
    [/FONT]
    [/FONT]
    [​IMG][​IMG] [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]PowerPlant Dual Force HP 71800[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Designed for the off road enthusiast and sportsman.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- It has a faster line speed[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- 9,500 lbs. pulling capacity[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Vehicle Platforms:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- Jeeps CJ, YJ, TJ, and Cherokees[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- Toyotas FJ's (Landcruisers)[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- 1/2 Ton Trucks and SUV's, Downsize Trucks[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]PowerPlant Dual Force HD 71801[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Designed for the contractor, tradesman, sportsman, farmer and rancher[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- Slower line speed[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- 12,000 lbs. pulling capability[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- Longer duty cycle[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Vehicle Platforms:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- 3/4 ton and larger trucks[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]- Smaller vehicles that want longer duty cycle with slower line speed[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]Additional Accessories[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]73945Air Accessory [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]73938 2.5 [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]73939 5.0 Gallon Auxiliary Air [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica][​IMG][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Verdana,Helvetica]73940 Auxiliary Air Tank Plumbing Kit[/FONT]

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Repost... Kinda ghey anyways:rolleyes:

3. oatsk5

oatsk5 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

yeah a guy i work with bought one and returned it do to it not fitting in his aftermarket bumper hes a jeeper

4. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

i just think its stupid... obe in the form of a pump is much more relaiabe... and what if you need the winch or oba serviced, you dont just loose one, you loose em both.:rolleyes:

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

For the $250 extra that they charge for the air option you could buy a pretty nice standalone OBA solution.

6. garlicbreath

garlicbreath 1/2 ton status

I think it would be hard to find one with the duty cycle and HP of a winch motor for 250.00

And honestly, how many of you have had your winch serviced?

But for some reason the minute they mention inflating rafts or water toys, I think cheap 3000PSI walmart tire inflators.

I think it's a good idea.

7. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

A belt driven oba setup off the motor is a much better option... money wise and reliablilty wise...

8. dhcomp

dhcomp 3/4 ton status Premium Member

I think its a good idea. Maybe not for all you guys, but a decent idea none the less.

But it can't put out that much air volume....you know how long it would take to blow up a raft?

9. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I thought that I read 12CFM at 0PSI and 5CFM at 90PSI

10. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Those seem like awfully high numbers...hmmm

11. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Yeah i checked em... those are respectable numbers. I still dont like the idea of oba on my winch... idk maybe its just gonna take some time for me to get used to it