Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its home!! K5 gone as driver

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jun 11, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Just brought home my "new" 1995 K2500 pickup. 350, auto(yet to determine 4l60e or 80e, how do I tell?), 14 bolt SF rear with 4.10 gears, single cab long bed, and a quick disconnect plow. Sitting next to the K5 in its old parking spot. K&N intake sure makes a lot of noise on her. I'm just happy. Sure its IFS but its gonna be a lot more reliable than my K5 I am sure.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Sure its IFS but

[/ QUOTE ] That problem can be fixed ya'know. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

and it might well eventually be fixed. We will see after I pay it off. Thinking its either gonna stay stock and build a custom wheeler or SAS it. Someday for now focus on working and payments.

4. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    ...but its gonna be a lot more reliable than my K5 I am sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just wait for that computer to go out and figure out how much more parts are for that IFS than a solid axle!! Plus, can you do your own work on an IFS compared to being able to use hand tools on a solid axle? What "special tools" do you need? It may look nice and give you a warm snuggly feeling right now, but just wait till you are cursing and saying how much better your K5 was and wanting it back!!