Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ITS IN, ITS FREAKIN IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by CaveBlazin, Sep 5, 2004.

1. CaveBlazin

CaveBlazin 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok those who have been following my blazer and those who have been laughing at my loooooong delays its finally over. The new engine is in and the tranny and T-case are all bolted up. I had to drop the radiator support and that took a little longer than expected but all that is left to do is bolt the support back up bolt the rear calipers on, put the shackles on and hook the engine up. I know it sounds like alot but I should have this beast running by thursday or friday of next week WOOHOO!!! And then I gotta get some miles on it before I drive it to TN /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Oh yeah and thanks for the help today Greg.

2. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

Sweet to hear, I am glad its done. I saw a post over on NC4x4 /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif so are you keeping it or??

3. CaveBlazin

Yeah you know how it is when you get frustrated with your rig and you wanna sell it. I would have probably sold it if someone had that cash but now that it is in its gonna take alot of $$ to sell it now.

4. SF87K5

SF87K5 1/2 ton status

I am glad your keeping it. Did you get get my PM from NC4x4 also.

5. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

good job Spence /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

6. 79Stomper

79Stomper 1/2 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I offered you some boot and a running vehicle so you had a good offer on it /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif Glad to hear its almost done, but don't rush it and forget about the little things and don't forget to break in your valvetrain correctly after you get it timed right. remember 20 min at 2000 rpm's

7. CaveBlazin

[ QUOTE ]
    but don't rush it and forget about the little things and don't forget to break in your valvetrain correctly after you get it timed right. remember 20 min at 2000 rpm's

[/ QUOTE ]
    Ok I got it 2000 minutes at 20k RPM's /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

8. CaveBlazin

Update!!
    Ok I got the radiator support in but I decided to leave the lights and radiator out so its easier to work with. Now all I have to do is Prime the engine put the distrib back in and the radiator and crank it up!!! Thanks for the help today James.....

9. CaveBlazin

Update!!
    Ok I got the radiator support in but I decided to leave the lights and radiator out so its easier to work with. Now all I have to do is Prime the engine put the distrib back in and the radiator and crank it up!!! Thanks for the help today James.....

10. 79Stomper

Don't forget about hooking up the clutch and all the other stuff. Let me know when you head up there on Thursday and I will give you a hand while I can. I finished grinding /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif off the stinking van width perches tonight, Only took 2 weeks /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif Now to get to the rest of the axle setup /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

11. bowtiebstrd

bowtiebstrd Registered Member

[ QUOTE ]
    Ok those who have been following my blazer and those who have been laughing at my loooooong delays its finally over. The new engine is in and the tranny and T-case are all bolted up. I had to drop the radiator support and that took a little longer than expected but all that is left to do is bolt the support back up bolt the rear calipers on, put the shackles on and hook the engine up. I know it sounds like alot but I should have this beast running by thursday or friday of next week WOOHOO!!! And then I gotta get some miles on it before I drive it to TN /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Oh yeah and thanks for the help today Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]
    No problem brother! Fun working on something bigger than a tractor!

Here's a few pics:
    here's the engine ready to go in:
    [​IMG]

another one ready to go in:
    [​IMG]

here's the headers:
    [​IMG]

not trying to bag on you, but here's spence and the interior:
    [​IMG]

another interior shot:
    [​IMG]

the back area:
    [​IMG]

here's how she sat at the end of the day saturday:
    [​IMG]

and of course no build-up is complete without the puking of a few fluids:
    [​IMG]

12. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

is that on base?

13. CaveBlazin

Yes this is on base its a great hobby shop to work in. Thanks for the pics, gives the "Oh shite Im a messy bastard. Funny thing about that is all those parts go in the engine and most are getting cleaned up so I want you to take a pic of that crap after a week from now HEHEHEHE!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 79Stomper

I want to hear this thing run before i head off to Cali

15. CaveBlazin

When are you leaving cause I might be leaving around the same day you are. I will have this truck running NLT sunday however I would like to move it over to your house to finalize all the little stuff I would be working late if you and the family dont mind I figured I could work in the back of the house were it would not bother you and the family????

16. 79Stomper

No problem I told you that yesterday, plus I think I have all the tools to finish up little stuff. I would even let you park it in the carport as long as you get the but sag fixed, if not its going on the back /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif You have my numbers, give me a call.

17. fad2blk99

fad2blk99 1/2 ton status

I'm jealous! Ours are tiny... plus the over night storage fee is ridiculous!
    We do have all the cool tools though... presses, welders (MIG and stick), plasma cutter... never used any though...

18. 79Stomper

Overnight storage fees inside the bays are ridiculos compared to what I paid in CA at the hobby shop. Thaey had all the cool tools as well but here you have to go next door to get anything welded /forums/images/graemlins/weld.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

19. bowtiebstrd

bowtiebstrd Registered Member

yeah, pull an axle in one shop, somehow get it about 60-70 yards over into the other shop, weld whatever you need done, get it back into the first shop .... sounds pretty gay to me!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif i wonder if they'd let me use the ready welder in the auto hobby shop???!!! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

20. 79Stomper

Thing I can't get over is the size of those bays. Good luck pulling an axle if you get another full size parked next to you. Isn't no way