Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Inspection Time For Me! Who Went To Morris Town N.J.

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Monster, Nov 25, 2002.

1. Monster

Monster Registered Member

It\'s Inspection Time For Me! Who Went To Morris Town N.J.

I Have a 86 K5. 4 inch suspension lift and 2 inch body lift with 35 inch Tires. Think it will pass The Roll Over Test. What is a Roll Over Test never seen this done before. Also Do they look under the hood I put in a high perfomance motor from jasper. My Rig has headers is that ok. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s Inspection Time For Me! Who Went To Morris Town N.J.

Funny thing, I am in the process of prepping for inspection over in your neighboring town of Madison, NJ! It is a 77 k5 with headers. The key is to go someplace that is...lets say....blurry eyed. I have a 6 inch lift and 35" tires. I should be ready for my inspection in two weeks. Just waiting on a couple of items for my interior (seatbelts). Let me know how it goes. What is this rollover test? The K5 is a California truck that I brought with me when I move here so it has never been inspected here.

3. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">I live in Bergen Co and some of the guys in my club go to tilt in Morristown. It's no big deal (from what I've heard /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif), they just park your truck with a scale under each tire, then park one side on a curb and measure the weight shift. They dont try to roll your truck. I dont know how "high performance" your Jasper motor is, but that shouldnt be a problem as long as you have cats. Call them first to check, this test is by appointment only anyway

4. Panther

Panther 1/2 ton status

Yeah, like biggray said, it's really a "stability test". Roll-over or tilt test is kind of the bad name it's gotten since they introduced it.

As long as you have at least the smog control equipment that was stock that year, you should be ok.

I'm taking mine to Winslow next week.

A note about "special inspection" in NJ. They way they determine if you need a lift sticker is they open your door and measure to the bottom of your door. Anything over 25" and you have to go to special inspection. I didn't know this and took it to Bridgeton hoping to sqeak through. The process isn't quite as arbitrary as I thought.

5. 81sb

81sb Registered Member

Thank god the in the province I live their are no inspections whatsoever. No smog no nothing!

6. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

heh... is it illegal to ratchet strap your axles to the frame to compress it? /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

7. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

Well actually there is a way here:
    Ratchet strap your axles and make a limiting strap of the same length and install it in the middle.
    It will not limit your articulation while driving it to the test location, but it will limit your droop.
    Limiting straps are not illeagal, and I don't think you will have a problem there. Just don't keep them on after the test.
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif