Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its just not fair

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by DOUGHBOY, Nov 6, 2000.

1. DOUGHBOY

DOUGHBOY Registered Member

i was just watching the weather channel,and what do i see some of you are getting to take your k5 out into the snow,its just not fair.im sure i will have to wait at least another month.

guns dont kill postal workers do.
    CENTRAL ILLINOIS

2. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hey man, what's not fair is that I'm stuck in NC and never get any snow! Last year we had a 20" snow and the entire state shut down. We had a ball then! I drove 30 miles in the snow without any problems. The only problems I had was that other people were almost sliding into me! I will never have a chance like that again.

[​IMG]http://www.ncclassics.com

3. SlyDog

SlyDog 1/2 ton status

Hey We dont get any snow here(arizona)! So relax lol . Never been snow wheelin :( Well hope ya get your snow

SlyDog

4. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

It's snowing right now up here in AK...
    [​IMG]

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Haines,Alaska

5. delta9blazer

delta9blazer 1/2 ton status

it's about 75 and sunny, with a slight breeze right now in northern california.

<font color=purple>delta9blazer</font color=purple>

6. loudandproud

loudandproud 1/2 ton status

Drivin in the snow is fun, we get plenty of it here. The only problem is that when the snow flys they start putting TONS of salt on the roads and that will make anything rust.

7. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

8. Bigmeats

Bigmeats 1/2 ton status

You know that little white stuff that falls form the sky,[​IMG][​IMG]. I cant wait for some big snow storms. Its an easy way to make some cash around here. 2 years ago i made almost 300 dollars pulling people out of ditches in one storm.(people dont like to slow down when it gets slippery) I was only charging the aroung 15 to 25 dollars to do this. The tow trucks around here charge 60 to 80 dollars to yank ya out. Plus when i bought my blazer i also bought a plow which add up to more $$$$$$.

Bigmeats

Carl...75 Blazer...Manhattan IL

9. Sparky

Sparky 1/2 ton status

San Antonio(summer) Texas A and M (school year)
    Snow? I think I heard about that once.

Seriously... The last time it snowed in South Texas i was 3. I am 19 now. You do the math.

Sparky

78 K-5

10. Wheels

Wheels 1/2 ton status

We had a drought and now flash flood watches all over the place which turned to some serious mud. Will trade you some of this mud for snow. Maybe not, these Okies cant drive in clear weather much less rain, a little snow and they become flat dumb. But then again, I think it's the amusement value to watch them try to drive like a bat out of hell when it snows and the look on their face when their vehicle goes a totally different way than they want it to. There's a lot of them that have Street Utility Vehicles that never see off road until it snows and they way lay into the brakes or try to jerk the steering wheel to do a "kneejerk" lane change and it heads for the ditch. I think it's those days that I have more fun than a bus load of kids on the way to Chuch E' Cheeses.

11. backlash

backlash 1/2 ton status

At a boy Todd ... looks like fun. Be there next year!

12. riz

riz 3/4 ton status

Thanks alot Todd78/87......I hate to see snow come any sooner than it has to here in Wisconsin. Once it does, it's here to stay for the next 5 or 6 months.......YUCK !! You're mean ! Hahahahahaha !

<font color=purple>L8r,

.Riz.<font color=purple>

13. OFFRDK5

OFFRDK5 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Todd: Dang you. I am stuck here in IL too..all we have is RAIN!! Mud is fun..but snow you can at least move out of the way if you get stuck!! Send that snow this way!!! I wanna test my STOCK 6.2, 3 tons by the way, with bald tires a strange leak and a lead foot!!!

SK-15
    J**P...it's whats for dinner!
    http://SK-15.coloradok5.com

14. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

ICK!!!!!! SNOW........EEEEWWWWWW.........[​IMG] I'm recovering from snowaphobia. 19 years of Michigan winters make me glad to have the Southern California winters. I'll take 60 degrees and LOTS of rain over -20 degrees and 3' of snow any day. [​IMG]

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Flowmaster, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's[​IMG]

15. BigJim85

BigJim85 1/2 ton status

GIMME SOME SNOW! I've hated this lousy hot weather out here in Colorado this year, hopefully it's over now. Can't wait for more of the white stuff, the deeper the better!

Call my rig an SUV... And I'll tear your lungs out.

16. FWP

FWP CRS

Hey Slydog- It does snow in Arizona[​IMG], just bidin the time now! Almost snowed here today.

<font color=blue>Maverick</font color=blue> <font color=red>CH 4 or 35</font color=red>

17. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Hmmmmmmmmm..........I CAN'T BELIEVE you guys are wishing for snow. This year we've already had two dumps totalling around a foot, although both times it's melted within a couple of days. Right now we have around 3 inches. Unfortunately, up here snow=COLD!!!!! Tonight it's going down to -15C(5 farenheit) and a few weeks from now I can look forward to -30C(-22 farenheit). Our record snowfall in Canmore was 40 inches in 30 hours!!!! I don't think I took the Blazer out of four-wheel drive for a week........