Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its like i have hydrolics

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by balzackks84, Feb 4, 2003.

1. balzackks84

balzackks84 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Whats the deal? When i go play out in the sand and i go for a hill. Im just about to the top but it starts digging. Then the thing starts hopping like ive got $10,000 worth of hydros on it. Ive had two blazers, including this one thats done it. So what gives? Is it axle wrap or improper air pressure.. or what? And my 74 mostly did it in second gear. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> That is a classic example of axlewrap. </font color>

3. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Sounds like wrap.Got blocks in rear?Lose blocks and do shackle flip.It helps.Check out A TRON arms here.They sound like good thing. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gifer /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

what gears you running??
    My 79 did this too. I was running 35's and 308's so the tire rather bounce instead of turn, caused by the spring flexing trying to keep the tire on the ground.

-Jeremy

5. balzackks84

I already have ORD flips and add-a-leafs. And im going to be softer in the rear now. Thats gonna suck. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Guess ill have to save up for some A-Tron Gold plated titanium bars /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif . That anti-wrap set-up is sexy. I was kinda hoping to have a reason to get 'em.

And for that one the 74 had a 4.10 and 38s but a HEALTHY sb400. This one has 35s and 3.08s. My 74 did it a lot worse than my 84. I used to hit my head and shoulder at the same time on the roof of the 74, with my seat belt on. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

6. ZonkRat

ZonkRat 1/2 ton status

Moved two posts up ,one on axle wrap,the other on atron.Hope it helps. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

what psi do you air down to?

8. balzackks84

With the 35s i went down to 10 and the 38s i think i only went down to 12 but its been a couple years so i dont remember exactly.