Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

it's like losing my best friend

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BAD LUCK 79', Jan 21, 2002.

1. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

it\'s like losing my best friend

alright guys... i've listened to the wife enough..... she's been callin the junk yards around the area to get rid of the k-5, i still want to keep it and was hoping she would get past it... but it looks like it's inevitable.... i would have posted this in the for sale section but i didn't know if it would get seen quick enough... the K-5 is up for sale $800 or best offer... you've just got to come get it... i can't take it off base right now cause it don't have insurence and [censored], plus it don't have a base sticker.... i would rather someone else get some use out of it other than the junk yard... here's the list.. 350, w/th350 and np203 tcase d44/ 12bolt , 3.73 gears, 4" overall lift, 35's on 15's .. about 30% tread left.... body is in fair shape.... needs drivers rocker pnl... a few other little dents around the rest of the body..... just let me know... i'm in panama city, florida

BAD LUCK is better than no luck at all!!!!
    Is it bad that my truck is older than my wife?

2. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

Re: it\'s like losing my best friend

Do you think it's roadworthy enough to get to St. Louis? What color(s) is it. Sound like it might help me out a bit, too

'85 Blazer... 9" lift... 35-12.50 BFG AT's...LOTS of rust

3. Slayer

Slayer 1/2 ton status

Eastern Colorado, jokingly referred to as Western

<font color=green>Hmm, you may look at this farther down the line and realize that it might have been better to get rid of the wife, hahahahaha.
    </font color=green><font color=red>
    Actually, not far from the truth, I had a live-in that INSISTED that I get rid of the obnoxiously loud Harley. And I'm very happy to say that it's 16 years later and the Harley is running GREAT, and I have no idea what happened to Miss What'shername[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...[​IMG]...
    </font color=red>

<font color=blue>I don't know everything, I just think I do.............</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. BAD LUCK 79'

BAD LUCK 79' 1/2 ton status

yea it could make it but i couldn't even guess at what milage it's gettin right now

BAD LUCK is better than no luck at all!!!!
    Is it bad that my truck is older than my wife?

5. Greenblazer-AZ

Greenblazer-AZ 1/2 ton status

You have to ask your self this question: Do I want my K5, does owning it make me happy? If the answer is yes then why can't your wife accept that it makes you happy, doesn't she want you to be happy? I had a fiance that made me give up something that made me happy, I did and then the b**ch left me for another man. The moral of the story is that if she really loves and respects you she should be supportive of your needs and wants. If it makes you happy why does she want to take away that happieness? If you really want it talk with her let her know how you feel and why it's important that she be supportive of you. I'm sure she has possesions that are for her enjoyment that she wouldn't want to give up just because they get in your way. How many pairs of shoes does she have? Women frequently have closets full of stuff that they never wear because they are hoping to lose a lb or two so they can fit into them. I'm not saying that these examples fit your wife but I'd bet that she owns something that she could live without but keeps because it makes her happy to keep whatever it is. I'm not trying to break up your marriage but I know what I'd say to my woman if she ever told to get rid of my K5 or else, I'd say "Don't let the door hit you in the a** on the way out the door and be sure you take all this crap with you!"

If you knew the truth, you too would be against marijuana prohibition!
    Blue '74 K5 Blazer Topless W/ 35 BFG Muds (See profile for pics)

6. Re: it\'s like losing my best friend

amen, brotha! my wife supports my entire junkyard in the back yard- two dead trucks and three motors sitting under tarps waiting for someday. plus a garage cluttered with trannies and crap.

so funny you mention the shoe thing. my wife has over 100 pairs of shoes. i built her hangers in three different closets in the house to stash all the shoes! and clothes- don't get me started! between her and our two girls we could clothe all the homeless in town!

but it all works out. gotta support what makes each other happy. man, this is like marrage counseling for k5 owners! LOL!

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

7. gpd4

gpd4 Registered Member

Could you email some pics of the truck to me please.

gpd4@dorrisco.com

Thanks

'85 Blazer... 9" lift... 35-12.50 BFG AT's...LOTS of rust