Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its moved!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 84gmcjimmy, Oct 22, 2004.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Here are some pics of what I accomplished today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Just one thing... Its hard to move a blazer when there is only yourself doing it /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

That's a hell of a snorkle you have there Steve /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

So when are you going to home depot for plywood to cover the walls,and put in the woodstove??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

4. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]
    So when are you going to home depot for plywood to cover the walls,and put in the woodstove??? /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    There's an idea for ya.

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If I had the money for plywood I would do it. But im tight on money right now. 30 bucks a sheet, and I'll need quite a few /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

6. diesel4me

Blue tarps or sheet plastic works too,and is a lot cheaper--but theywont like the woodstove if its too close!.Just being out of the wind is half the battle won,it would be much better closed in,if only with plastic--you'll get a little solar heat if its sunny and fairly airtight.Anythings better than working outside in the winter!. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

7. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

2 years ago when my dad and I replaced the clutch in the jimmy, we wrapped the carport with plastic poly. Then we used a tiger torch (big torch that runs off propane tank) to heat it. it worked pretty good. The only problem is heat rises, and we were on the ground. so it still was cold /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

8. diesel4me

I hear ya--no matter how warm the air is,that slab is damm cold!--I still wish I had the dough when I built my garage to put radiant heat tubing in the concrete floor for radiant heat--it heats the concrete with hot water in the tubing,which in turn heats the air--nice warm floors are perfect for lying under you rig--my friend did it when he built his shop--he used a hot water heater(electric-==expensive /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif)and a woodstove to heat the water--its nice to lay on a nice warm floor while its snowing outside,a heck of a lot better than lying in the snow,like I've had to do many times--I put a clutch in my blazer in january in four inches of slush--I dont care to do that again--EVER!. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

9. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

four inches of slush? that sounds like hell /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

10. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    2 years ago when my dad and I replaced the clutch in the jimmy, we wrapped the carport with plastic poly. Then we used a tiger torch (big torch that runs off propane tank) to heat it. it worked pretty good. The only problem is heat rises, and we were on the ground. so it still was cold /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I just tried this tonight for the first time. get one of thos egg-crate foam mattress things to lay on. Fold it in half then move it wherever you need it. Takes the chill off the floor. soaks up fluids well, and doesn't cost much /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. cybrfire

cybrfire 1 ton status Vendor GMOTM Winner

Go and get yourself a carpet remnant. They work good for lying on.

12. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Go and get yourself a carpet remnant. They work good for lying on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a lot of left over carpet in the shop from when we recarpetted 2 years ago. I'll eaither use that or the egg carton foam sheets. thanks for the suggestions! /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

13. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

The carpet will be easier to move around on than the eggcrate stuff

14. diesel4me

I use a sheet of that foam insulation board with the foil backing on it--its fairly cheap at home depot or similar stores,the pink stuff without the foil works good too,but it isnt as rugged as the foil faced stuff.This keeps you off the cold floor,and wont soak up fluids like a sponge like the egg crate matress pads do--I've used the egg crate foam and carpet underlayment foam for soaking up spills in the shop--once I lost 3 qts of dextron from my van during a motor swap-I stupidly stuffed a rag in the dipstick hole,and at acted like a wick--drained three quuarts all over the floor overnight-,had to swim in it until I thought of using the egg crate stuff to soak it up--then I put it in the woodstove--had plenty of heat for the next half hour--but the smell and smoke was horrible--more than one neighbor was giving me dirty looks that day! /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

15. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

LOL okay I might try that foil stuff to then. Carpet is first on the list, beause I already might have some. Otherwise I will check at the stores for foil stuff, or that egg crate foam. /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif