Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's not looking very promising

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by big pappa b, Apr 2, 2005.

1. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

With only 20 days left until ECBB it's looking like I won't be taking the K5 :frown1: My friend ordered the steel so we could make my antiwrap bar, rock sliders and front bumper but he's out of town for another week and I have no access to the steel. He was also supposed to do my front detroit install since I don't have the tools or never did one. I have 9 total days off between now and then. The evenings don't really count since I don't even get home until almost 7pm most nights. I'm so screwed. I need another me that is unemployed to do the work.
    I still plan on being there friday night and saturday, hopefully catching a ride in an empty seat or 2 if the wife still wants to go. It's not going to be as much fun but oh well. Maybe I'll have it ready for the fall get together. I'm still gonna push to have it done but won't hold my breath

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Just focus on one project at a time. Start and finish each before going to the next thing. Just keep it together and bring it at what ever stage your at. No ones says you got to do the hardest trails. You should still be able to run 75% if not all of them anyway. :xmas:

3. big pappa b

Well, it all kinda ties together...most of it. I HAVE to have the anti wrap bar done for sure or I will toast my rear springs. The rock sliders should be finished but maybe not completely necessary. I cut out the passenger floor cause it was all rusted out as was the floor support bracket the bolts the rockers or where they use to be (rusted out). I just have the floor pans screwed into place right now until I can get the sliders put on and the weld they support brace to it. the front detroit isnt necessary I agree.

Like I said, I will try to get it done and ready :thumb:

4. Bhintz

Bhintz 1/2 ton status

whats your rear spring setup??

5. big pappa b

I have some nice flexy 57" ford rears. With the nice torque from my 454 and my right foot they won't last long without something to keep them from turning into a pretzel

6. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Try twelve rolls of duct tape!

Just joshing ya, what about some summit or (fill in blank) brand traction bars converted to your application?

7. big pappa b

Wll there is the option of buying one for $300+ dollars or just waiting a bit and maybe have $60 tied up in metal and parts. I had thought about buying one but for $300 or so I can buy all the metal and parts needed to make the anti wrap bar, rock sliders and my front winch bumper :deal:
    I usually don't run out and buy new stuff if I can make it. Besides, the wife isn't working , is 7 months pregnant and I don't have the extra money to buy new stuff :D

8. big pappa b

It's looking a little better now. Just got off the phone with my buddy. He's home finally and said we can get started on everything next Sunday or monday and have everything done in a day or 2. Seems like a lot of work but this includes; D60 front detroit, 35 spline shaft and drive flanges, rear anti wrap bar and rock sliders. It's gonna be a busy few days that's for sure. Maybe I can talk him into a front winch bumper too :D

Keeping my fingers crossed

9. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

That's great news dude!!!

10. big pappa b

and if something falls thru then I will get the duct tape :D