Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its official....dialup beware... pics within

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by NCblackandredk5, Nov 23, 2002.

1. NCblackandredk5

NCblackandredk5 1/2 ton status

ive parked my blazer for a good while now /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif... seems the motor decided to die.... well it still runs but not without lots of oil added weekly... i am now wheeling a 1983 toyota pickup... cheap, reliable, and fits in tight places like a k5 dreams of... dont get me wrong.. i love my k5 but damn.... just cant afford it on a college student's budget... sorry guys... anyways for those who care... heres a pic... after the trimming but before the budget susp install of 63" rears and rear springs up front
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. NCblackandredk5

btw.... gonna bob it or flat deck it... too much overhang

3. LAXandBLAZERS

LAXandBLAZERS 1/2 ton status

That flex pic looks awfuly familar

4. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

Reliable: Yes, I've been running my 89 with a 22R for about 7 years now. Only problems: new fuel pump, new timing chain, new clutch, some bushings for the shifter.

Cheap: No. All these parts were much more expensive compared to equivalent Chevy parts, the fuel pump was about $60, and it was just a stock pump made in Taiwan, not a flashy Holley as the one in my Blazer. The timing chain was about $100!!! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif . Go ask for a rebuild kit, it's as expensive as a Chevy 350, and it's only half the parts!

I know there's a voice in your head telling you you'll be sorry for betraying the Blazer. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

5. NCblackandredk5

i didnt betray the blazer just had to put it aside for a while... i know about the cost of toy parts but the truck only cost me a grand and it gets 20 mpg...but its what ive got for now...so ill drive it until i get a motor