Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's official

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lady bog, Jan 13, 2004.

1. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

It\'s official

I'm an orange thanks to none other than 84_Chevy_K10 himself /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

2. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Re: It\'s official

Oh no, I've created a monster.

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats and welcome to the orange side /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. rjfguitar

rjfguitar 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hey thats cool, Tim and his GF both members... I'm currently buying my girlfriend an 87' blazer! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. MEPR

MEPR 1/2 ton status

YAY! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I'm currently buying my girlfriend an 87' blazer! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    What a LUCKY LUCKY LUCKY girl you have there! I wish I had a k5 /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

As to the rest of you guys.. thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

I wish my girlfriend wanted a K5...or at least liked mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

8. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    I wish my girlfriend wanted a K5...or at least liked mine /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for a new girlfriend.

Wish I could find a K5 at a reasonable cost to build for mine. Hell, I've got a pair of 3/4 ton axles for it, soon I'll have some 6" lift springs when I swap mine out, and I've even got a spare Echobit flip laying around. Even if the rig had a 700R4, 4.10 gears with a 10 bolt/14 FF would be fine with 33s, and marginal with 35s for a fun DD rig.

9. rjfguitar

I'm getting this 87' blazer for 1,300 bucks for her and it is suprisingly nice. Power everything, perfect grey interior, black paint, factory aluminum wheels with BFG a/t's, TBI 350/700/208. 64,000 original miles. /forums/images/graemlins/pimp1.gif A guy I know that works for a local wrecking yard has it and want's to get rid of it because there is nothing wrong with it (besides the hole in the gas tank)and doesn't need to be parted out. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

10. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

Sounds pretty sweet.

If anna had a rig she'd wheel the hell out of it. She's too short to reach the clutch pedal but she sure could wheel the hell out of an auto rig.

I wish I still had my 400/205 combo. I fear I'm going to be stuck with a 700 if/when I get her a rig.

11. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that bad. At least she likes my Mexi-truck (the dropped '77 c10). I don't really care if she likes the K5, since I don't drive it on the street anyway /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I don't like her shiny new Grand Am (that her Dad bought her /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif ), but I hope she doesn't go looking for a new boyfriend just for that reason.

12. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds pretty sweet.

She's too short to reach the clutch pedal but she sure could wheel the hell out of an auto rig.

[/ QUOTE ]

As if I'd drive anything else but an automatic /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

13. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

congrats and welcome /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not that bad. At least she likes my Mexi-truck (the dropped '77 c10). I don't really care if she likes the K5, since I don't drive it on the street anyway /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif. I don't like her shiny new Grand Am (that her Dad bought her /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif ), but I hope she doesn't go looking for a new boyfriend just for that reason.

[/ QUOTE ]

My last girlfriend felt ignored when I was always wrenching on the truck (when I was doing the frame off) and was always complaining about it. If she didn't like it, it would have been one thing, but a chick that is constantly whining doesn't work with me. Thank God I dumped that bitch.

15. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I got a K10 Ill let ya buy her!

16. rjfguitar

[ QUOTE ]
    Sounds pretty sweet.

If anna had a rig she'd wheel the hell out of it. She's too short to reach the clutch pedal but she sure could wheel the hell out of an auto rig.

I wish I still had my 400/205 combo. I fear I'm going to be stuck with a 700 if/when I get her a rig.

[/ QUOTE ]
    Yeah, I'm all excited about taking a pic of both blazers with us next to them and taking her out for her first "wheeling" experience. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Don't be worried about the 700... If it is in good shape and is a later one it will be fine. If it isn't and is shot then by all means swap in a 400 or 465 if thats what you 2 wan't. I have to help my GF with putting gas in it and she will spend a lot of time on the freeway so she is keeping the 700 for sure plus it's an 87' so I'm not worried anyway.

17. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I gotta get my truck done first, which I'm still waiting on some minimal $$$ to get my crossover setup and ram and hoses and then i'm with buying, onward to wrenching!

18. lady bog

lady bog 1/2 ton status

Screw the truck. Get working on the k5 /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol!!!! and I thought I had it bad. my gf doesnt like wheeling. she digs the k5, just not offroadin. kinda sucks, but atleast if we get married and I need some "me time" all I have to do is go wheelin with the guys. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

j

20. clubba68

clubba68 1/2 ton status

My girlfriend likes wheeling and likes my K5, but refuses to let me drive anywhere. I don't have defrost or really any heat for that matter, and I like to take it out in the snow (have to keep the windows down to prevent fogging, and I have no rear hatch). /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif She would rather just drive her 2001 Jetta VR6. It has heated seats, and when I put the chains on it that thing actually did better than my K5. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif