Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

its offifcial... beater_k20 is dead.

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by beater_k20, Mar 16, 2005.

1. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i have been considering scrapping my project for a little while now, and selling off my extra parts to pay off my debt, and reduce the temptation of spending money i dont have. looking at my truck yesterday, i noticed something i had never noticed before. the frame is bent. i saw it before i put the cab on, and brushed it off as a factory bend, my previous C10 had a funny bend that turnend out to be for clearance of the trans crossmember. i guess yesterday i found a new angle, and it was apparent that it wasnt factory. so, she has pretty much sealed her fate, to the scrap heap it is. :(
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 85mudblazin

85mudblazin 1/2 ton status

why not just fix it?? :confused:

3. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

That doesn't look too bad..... Unless it travels down the large section of the frame?

Have you had it aligned? Does it look like it has compromised the strength of the frame if you were to try to straighten?

4. bigyellowjimmy

bigyellowjimmy 1/2 ton status

I wouldnt worry about that, it appears to just be a dent on one edge of the channel. Shouldnt hurt a thing

5. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

And what are your plans for the truck? If it is the 'beater_k20' you mention just run it! Are you building a show and shine mall poser...??? :D

6. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

are you kidding me man?.... what are you worried about? Either fix it. or run it like it is...

7. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

i've been thinking of getting rid of it for a little while, to better myself financially, and just take a break from the projects. this is just another one of those things that i'm gonna know is there, and will drive me nuts. i'd hate for it to bend more on a hard landing or something, and tear itself up. since i've been up in the air about it, its just one of those things that just makes it THAT much easier to let it go. i'd like to get into a K5 anyways. :whistle:

8. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

well in that case then yea.... But Just not cuz of a little tweak in the frame ;P good luck

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

dam dood, that sucks. doesn't look to hard to fix.
    is that the replacement frame?

10. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

yeah, this is the replacement frame.

11. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

My frame has a similar tweak, just farther back. The truck tracks nice and straight so I'm just gonna not worry about it.

Rene

12. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

Just build it and wheel it.

13. RootBreaker

RootBreaker 3/4 ton status Premium Member

not trying to be rude.. but I do see what you are doing here.. and that is cool...

basically, you want out of the project as it is expensive... I know that for a fact.... and since the temptation to keep sinkin money into it is there... once she is gone then you cannot spend the money...

I did that with my t-maxx radio control car.. I do miss it.. but had $1600 into it... THAT IS ALOT OF MONEY FOR A RC CAR!!!!!

I have had my truck since 1988 and refuse to ever get rid of it... in 1997 I spent $3500 to go up with the truck.. nj passed new laws and the truck was illegal then... so I have not worked on it since 1997 until 2004... now she is on the road....but alot more $$$$ is what it took.....

Just remember that you may regret it in the future... just put it together as good as you can and get one of those canopy covers... and move her under it until time permits... mine just sat in the woods off to the side of my house until it was time...:cool1:

good luck...
    Jeff

14. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

debt SUCKS!!!, i know how you feel, i have major debt, and i dont own a home, but i pay all my bills on time and i am trying to pay off stuff. rich mans budget on a poor mans wages. but some debt for your truck IS aceptable.:D

15. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

killed another truck, humm..

interesting..

hmm...

good luck :P