Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's on......and it's BIG!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Mar 15, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

It\'s on......and it\'s BIG!

Got my 9" lift and 38's on my truck last night. I had some stuff to finish up today and got it done. The thing is ENORMOUS! I thought a 6" with 35's was big.........whoa! I was standing there looking at it and just drooled at the size. My friend and I just stood there in amazement. The installation was quick and pretty simple. We ran into a minor hold back, but nothing a drill and some stuff couldn't work out. I noticed when I was putting my stuff back in the truck, the tops of the bumpers are just about an inch higher than my waist.......and I'm 6'5! Hopefully when the weather clears up and we get a sunny day, I'll shoot some photos of it and get some pics posted on here. Although, I don't know how to get a photo into the reader's ride section. Bet I can figure that one out though. See ya!

Alex

p.s. Got any questions, feel free to ask.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. reddog64

reddog64 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s on......and it\'s BIG!

How the hell did yor driveshafts like a 9 inch lift??? Or are they not in yet??? Custom??? and you do carry extra u-joints right???

Um... yes officer I know it's too big...

3. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Can you measure the ride height? Measure from the top of the axle tube to the steel bumpstop mounting plate on the front axle. Let us know.

[​IMG]

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

How much did it set you back?

5. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

For everything start to finish?....

<font color=blue> Yesterday was history,tomorrow is a mystery,and today is a gift. -Taproot- </font color=blue>

6. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

Hmm, "it's BIG!", "ENORMOUS!", "drooling at the size", "stood there in amazement", hmmm.

Sounds like "someone" has a "size issue"... [​IMG]

JK! Couldn't resist. [​IMG] I'm planning on something around 40s for mine but with less than half the lift so I guess maybe I got a "size issue" too? Hmm, maybe shoulda kept my mouth shut...

Sounds cool. I'm wondering how it will drive and articulate though. Rigs that I have been in with that much lift were always awkward and uncomfortable to drive for me, but that's just me. Did you get CV shafts? Is it all spring lift? Be careful on those x-incline traversals with that high COG.

Bad Dog

85 K30 CUCV, 350 TBI, TH400, NP205, D60/C14, 4.56
    Coming soon: 4" lift, 40" tires, massive cutting, shorter wb and rear overhang.

7. Bone85K5

Bone85K5 1/2 ton status

Im 6'5 also... How, if at all is it to get in and out of the truck?
    Take soem pics now... dotn worry about the weather....

Ben
    www.BenjaminBone.coloradoK5.com

8. BLzr4x4ngkid

Driveshafts are still being built. I made a goof on the measurement on the rear. Yeah yeah, I know........I have a size issue. It's not very often that I have something this big. As for the lift, yes it's all spring. 8" Skyjackers with 1" ORD add-a-leafs in all 4 springs. Right now, the main issue is finding a driver side door. Got any other questions, let me know. Later.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

9. californiak5

californiak5 1/2 ton status

Did you have to rotate the pumkin on the tubes on the front axle to get the right angle or are you going with a double C/V front shaft? On the rear did you have to cut and reweld the spring perches for a C/V shaft or are you going with a standard shaft in the rear? Just curious.

See Ya,
    Keith

[​IMG] Born to Drive My K5 [​IMG]

10. grtwhite

grtwhite 1/2 ton status

Sounds sweet! Looking forward to seeing some pics, and to hear how the thing drives & performs offroad. - Jay

11. BLzr4x4ngkid

Cali, I didn't have to make any kind of mods for the axles. The springs had custom degree shims in them and the pinion angles are almost good to go, but I'm probably going to end up getting a CV for the rear. As for the front, I need to have it lengthened and that's it. I also have a t-case drop in the rear, so that helps out a lot.

12. taterblazer

taterblazer 1/2 ton status

Kaboom! Drive shaft in the ditch! Good luck!

13. k5king

k5king 1/2 ton status

well i'm not even close to shaft's yet but when i do i'll be calling on highangledriveline <A target="_blank" HREF=http://highangledriveline.prodigybiz.com>http://highangledriveline.prodigybiz.com</A> they have some pretty wild stuff there...who's making your shaft's,,a local shop or what ??

ANYBODY LOSE THEIR JEEP????????[​IMG]
    I JUST FOUND ONE UNDER MY BLAZER!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

14. MudFrog

MudFrog 1/2 ton status

I trust your gonna upgrade your axles. I'm assuming you still have the factory 10 bolts.

89 K5 Silverado
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com>http://mudfrog.coloradok5.com</A>

15. BLzr4x4ngkid

Yeah I'm definately upgrading. I bought the lift from "thatk30guy" and also plan on buying a 14FF from him too. I just need to wait for another pay check. I made sure that I had all the parts lined up before I ever started.