Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It\'s on!!

We're back. I start putting the Beast back together this weekend, I can't wait. I'm so sick of driving around in this small Cherokee, no intimidation factor.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"

2. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Re: It\'s on!!

What is the project list? Started mine (building diffs) last week. Dave

3. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Re: It\'s on!!

I started to build shock hoops for the rear after busting the stock mounts, but that idea went to you know where in a handbasket. I had already welded the plates on the spring plates for the new mounts, and had to let a buddy do some work to them so I can put them back on. So I just decided to go back to stock for the time being, just going to weld up the mounts on the frame and brace them and attach limiting straps. I have to put the rear end back since I painted it. Then I have a tranny service and oil change with an oil pain gasket change to do; then get a new battery since the old one went north; and finally, before the Beast is back on the road, a new windshield. Everything broke at just about the same time. And after I get it rolling, I have to do a R&P on the front (if curious, I'll tell) before the end of June for a wheelin/fishin trip to New Mexico.

"Liberals ain't mean, they just don't have any common sense!"