Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's On

Discussion in 'North Region' started by BlazerFarm, Oct 31, 2005.

1. BlazerFarm

BlazerFarm Texagonian Premium Member

Mar 19, 2003
    Well, it's official. After 6 months of going back and forth my transfer to Anchorage is being processed. I'll be coming up sometime in January. I'll be arriving when it's the darkest and probably coldest. Cheechako central.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to it a lot even though I'm not looking forward to the move itself. Alaska will be my 7th state to live in after TX, AR, SC, OK, WA, and OR. Notice how none of those states get cold? That's right, my largest coat is a light jacket. I'll have some prep work to do before I arrive. At least I had the foresight to get the block heater option in my truck when I ordered it last summer. No block heater in the '90 Blazer though or if it has one I've never seen where you would plug it in.

I'll probably go for an apartment at first until I get an idea of where to live. Any ideas on where to find a good one? More importantly, any ideas on where not to live? I'll be working at Providence Anchorage Medical Center if that helps.

Well, hopefully I'll get to meet some of you AK guys after I get there. I won't really know anybody up there outside of a couple of people at work so I'm looking forward to it.

2. sledheadak

sledheadak 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Apr 29, 2005