Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's Out of Hand Now!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bubba Ray Boudreaux, Nov 24, 2003.

1. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

It\'s Out of Hand Now!!!!!!!!!

One of the lesser known off road sites that I visit on a daily basis now has a new forum, in SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

2. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

Re: It\'s Out of Hand Now!!!!!!!!!

Hola, Bubba Ray, el sucko maxo de la puerta. Mucho nacho grande el gato es yama Steve...

I don't know if I spelled or conjigated the stuff right... but that's about all I know in Spanish /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

3. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

4. Ddragggon

Ddragggon 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    One of the lesser known off road sites that I visit on a daily basis now has a new forum, in SPANISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

[/ QUOTE ]OHS NOS!! THEY COULD TALK BAD STUFFS ABOUT US IN SPANGLISH!!!!

5. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

[ QUOTE ]
    Hola, Bubba Ray, el sucko maxo de la puerta. Mucho nacho grande el gato es yama Steve...

I don't know if I spelled or conjigated the stuff right... but that's about all I know in Spanish /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Mono arribas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

6. sapper

sapper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Que es sus problema con espanol?

not exactlly fluent anymore, but its been almost 12 years since i got out of high school, 4 miles from the border /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

7. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

La Migra /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

8. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

i think that's kinda cool, it'll go with my spanish rock i listen to. what's the website??

/forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif
    or did i mean spanish rocks /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

ARQ.

9. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

welcome to the United States of Mexico, where you dont need to be a legal immigrant to hold a job or be eligible for welfare...(yea, im exaggerating, but you get my drift...)

you know in california, they're starting to teach math and science courses in spanish. i dunno about yall, but im starting to think that maybe its time to install that electric fence down south. (dont wizz on the electric fence! i miss ren and stimpy...)

10. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

you know in california, they're starting to teach math and science courses in spanish.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been for years. Nothing new about this one.

11. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

it's called bilingual education. if you ask me it's bilingual bull sh!t. I was put in an immersion, by my perents request. dam, hated it. i didn't understand anything my anglo-american teacher said, but i managed.

looking back it's the best thing that could of happen to an immigrant. i was also put into a speech therapy class to get rid of my accent. sometimes i wish i still had my accent so people would know that i'm a foreigner like arnie. I don't want to bash on him but, it's a good
    example.

and if you ask me what i think about immigration laws, they suck. they are out there to protect the illegal and the criminals or should i say illegal criminals.

it's like gun control, you know the a*s carring a loaded gun down the street is not going to have a permit for it. it probably belonged to a good law abiding citizen that stashed it at home where it does a hell of a good.

dam! i'm totaly off the subject, i hope this don't get out of hand?

ARQ.

12. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

actually in new york the gov or someone HIGH up signed a bill that let illegtals get welfare. Now I dont know if it was repealed or not but its just a baby step to what will happen. They are gonna take our money and give it to "people who need it" (IE lazy bastards that wont get a job and pop more kids out so the get more money). These stupid liberals piss me off. Im gonna join the Border Patrol when I get out of the navy and try to keep the bastards out of our country.

Nick

13. thezentree

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]

you know in california, they're starting to teach math and science courses in spanish.

[/ QUOTE ]

They have been for years. Nothing new about this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

thats what i get for being on the east coast! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

seriously though, i guess its just happening faster than i thought... /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

14. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

I really wish we would make English the official language of the United States.

Speak english or get the [darn] out.

15. sapper

why? this is a country of immigrents, why dont we speak the lauguages of native americans, they were here first /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Also its not like we all speak english anyway, if you put someone from boston in the same room as someone from louisanna there will be alot of head scratching going on.

one last point why is it that we expect every other country to know english, most being bylingual, i guess its because this country is just lazy, yes i said we are a lazy country in general

16. arq

arq 1/2 ton status

unick,
    don't joing the border patrol. all those guys do is what the polititions above tell them to do.
    I pay taxes too, and a sh!t load of them. is it worth it? yea! i'm on your side when it comes to food stamps. work your as* off then you can eat. that's what my dad did and how i was taught. my dad don't know any english, but he put all eight of us through college/university and not a cent of it came from welfare. not all immigrants are a burden, some of us do contribut and want(and are earning) a better life.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    ARQ.

17. dysphemism

dysphemism 1/2 ton status

So I guess you think that we should open up the border's then?

18. sapper

Lucky for me i guess its not my job to set policy on how the borders are operated, it is funny that people react like you did when someone reminds them that this country didnt start out like it is now. Earlly America had every European laugage spoken in it, but now english should be the "offical" laugage /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

19. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    unick,
    don't joing the border patrol. all those guys do is what the polititions above tell them to do.
    I pay taxes too, and a sh!t load of them. is it worth it? yea! i'm on your side when it comes to food stamps. work your as* off then you can eat. that's what my dad did and how i was taught. my dad don't know any english, but he put all eight of us through college/university and not a cent of it came from welfare. not all immigrants are a burden, some of us do contribut and want(and are earning) a better life.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    ARQ.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think alot of people do not realize the contributions that immigrants and even illegal alieans make to this country. People really should be more open minded, this speak english or get the [darn] out attitude is ignorant. Its easy for some of us to say that now, but most of us came from other countries and most were not English speaking. I am willing to bet if you went back in time the first generation of people from any country that came to America did not learn English or learn it right away.

It is also interesting however how many people from foreign countries do know English (as a second language) and how Americans typically know only one language.

20. thezentree

[ QUOTE ]

I think alot of people do not realize the contributions that immigrants and even illegal alieans make to this country. People really should be more open minded, this speak english or get the [darn] out attitude is ignorant. Its easy for some of us to say that now, but most of us came from other countries and most were not English speaking. I am willing to bet if you went back in time the first generation of people from any country that came to America did not learn English or learn it right away.

It is also interesting however how many people from foreign countries do know English (as a second language) and how Americans typically know only one language.

[/ QUOTE ]

Illegal immigrants for the most part are hard workers. my neighbor employs several, and they work all day, just about every day. most of their paycheck goes back to mexico to help their relatives. That deserves some respect.

HOWEVER

Being that the overwhelming majority of American residents (not just citizens) speak english fluently, speaking english fluently should be a requirement of citizenship. Im not going to go so far as to say that you cannot be allowed in the country if you dont speak english, because thats total hypocritic bullsh!t. But, if you're going to live in my country permanently, you damn well better be able to function in American society.

And - yes, most Americans can speak only english fluently. I agree that this is sad, and it would probably help open some minds if a second language was taught from K-12. but theres no way in hell that i'm going to learn another language solely for the purpose of carrying out my daily life. The sign on my front door says "Welcome!" not "Bienvenidos!" /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif