Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's so nice. --- Pics added

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Z3PR, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Installed my JVC KD-LX50 head unit in the daily driver today. :D Yes, I can liston to CD's in the car once again.Only snag I ran into is it won't slide all the way back and lock in place, so I'm going too have too pony up $20.00 and have a local car stereo shop cut some plasic and finish up the install for me. Made a appointment too get it done tomorrow. I plan on replacing the factory speakers with some JBL's and I will get a Orion 8004 too power them. Also have a pair of 12" Kicker L7's and a MMATS D200hc for the bass. Should sound pretty good when everything is all hooked up. Nice thing about my head unit is I can shut off the inturnal amp and run it as a pre-amp unit, lot cleaner signal in my honest opinion. By the way, Alero's are a PITA too install stereo equipment in. Very tight, no room too get your hands back in.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

It's all locked in and looking good. I'm happy even tho I had too pay someone too finish it up for me. Looks and sounds so much better then the factory stereo.

3. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll try too remember too go out to the car in the morning and take some pics.

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Here it is shut off [​IMG] On [​IMG] the buttons do retract [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm happy with it. [​IMG] What does everybody think ?? Look good to you ??

Last edited: Apr 20, 2005
  5. JIMMY76

JIMMY76 1/2 ton status

I Had Two Of The The First One I Returned Becaused The Cd Player Stopped Working And The Second One I Just Got Rid Of I Had It About A Year Then It Started Acting Up Sometime The Screen Would Stay All Black Or The Bottons Wouldn't Fold Out Or The Thing Wouldn't Shut Off I Always Had To Use That Little Reset Button On The Front I Got So Fed Up With It I Jgave It Away I Still Like Jvc But Not The Kameleon Deck Ever Again

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

After many years of service, the KD-LX50 started too have a issue of the face going up and down when I would shut the car off if I didn't turn the stereo off first. Called JVC and they say it's a micro prossessor. $50.00 too fix. So I bought a Clarion DXZ945MP head-unit. [​IMG] This one is Sirius ready.