Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's SOLD

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 84gmcjimmy, May 21, 2005.

1. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

The people that put an offer on our house came by again, before they came by there was another showing, and then after them there was another...for a total of 3 showings in 2 hours!
    I guess the people that wanted our house really liked it, or got intimadated by the other people seeing the house, so they dropped the rest of the stuff (forget the name...but they dropped the inspection and other stuff) so it's official...it's SOLD.
    Sandy, our realtor called us when we were out with the dog, and when she told the news to my mom, my mom was almost crying (happily) because after 4 months it sold.

Now we have to find a house... with a double garage. Before we were thinking about building one if we could, but we got a price last night of 27,000 for a 24x26 garage.... so thats off the list.

They move in July 15th afternoon or later.

Just had to tell some peopel!!

2. nc87k5

nc87k5 3/4 ton status

GREAT! glad you guys had luck selling it so quick.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

Life changing event...

I hope your happy about moving!--we moved twice while I was in school,first time I was a freshman--had to "drop back" a year and be one twice when I moved to a new town.. :mad:

We had a lot of trouble with the other kids not accepting me into their "clique"--so after a few years of putting up with the antics of the other kids,and vandalism to our cars,and them treating our house lot as a shortcut,my parents got angry and had a new house built in the next town over 5 miles away(still at the same adress!)--it was like night and day--the other town and location,all the houses were packed close together--it appeared to be a nice suburban neighborhood at first glance--but after living there,we found the people who lived there less than social,and it had a "ghetto" feel to it in many ways.. :(

Where we moved to and live now was like moving to maine!--nice forested area,hardly any houses nearby,quiet,only one or two cars would go by in 15-20 minites...4 acres of land to call my own,at last I could ride my mini-bike in peace,no worries about cops,other kids sponging rides,etc..and I went to a new vocational school,I actually LIKED going to school for the first time in my life..I loved it here... :crazy:

Now,25 years later--hardly any FOREST left!--at least 20 new houses within a 1/4 mile,over 200 within 1 mile!--15 new car dealerships on the highway( "the Auto Mile" :mad: ) in front of our house 500 ft away--a Super Wal-Mart a half mile away,and a new Lowe's home center--traffic gridlocked like you would not believe,noise at all hours from car alarms at the car dealers,dogs barking constantly at all hours,diesel truck jake brakes all day and night-

-I go outside and it smells like a diesel smokestack from all the highways nearby,and construction equpment tearing up the last few remaining acres of forest--they are even buying places and tearing them down,just for the land!--I saw 5 perfect houses get levelled in the past year--its gone completely nuts here...property taxes and prices have skyrocketed,and the quality of life has plummeted..its still a "small" town of 15,000 people--but we have some big city drug problems among other crimes here,and its nowhere near as safe as it used to be here--many addicts come to Raynham from other large cities nearby to shoplift,steal cars,and rob stores,steal purses,etc..knowing our small underfunded police dont have enough officers and cruisers to handle it all..

Time for me to leave I guess :frown1: and since my mom is failing,it probably wont be long..and I'm about broke...

I wish you all the best Steve!--your best years are still ahead!--enjoy them while you can!--I did as long as I could..but after watching this town go to hell the way it has,it makes me feel real old,and regretfull for not being more prosperous...dont have enough money to leave now,after caring for sick parents and blowing my bank account to do it..

I hope you find a nice place with a big garage,so you wont have to freeze outside like I did here many years...and you have as many trucks as you can afford to beat on,and cut up for parts!--its probably nice and rural where you are still,much like it used to be here...enjoy it,because it wont last forever.. :crazy:

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

It will definitly be different living in town...
    right now we have 1.25 acres, so there is a lot of storage. most of the houses in town that we are looking at are only on around .14-.20 acres! so it will be downsizing a lot. Also, maybe 1 car/truck drives by every hour...but most of the time you can't hear them...unless your out by the road. But there are quite afew people with ATV's and dirtbikes, so those things rip up the street making all that noise!!
    I'll take a picture of our backyard (past the fence isn't our yard, but no one really uses it, it's just forested in with many fallen trees) but it's peaceful out here. No smog (except out wood stove, and neighboors) and neighboors are a fair bit away.
    BUT I will only have the Jimmy, the furd, my moms car, and if we don't sell it, the toyota car. So I will sort of have a little space... But I do want a big garage!

Thanks guys!

5. txfiremank5

txfiremank5 1/2 ton status

Good luck to you & the famliy, Steve. I'm hopeful that y'all are able to find something that more than fits your needs.

6. tucsonkfive

tucsonkfive 1/2 ton status

Congrats! :grin: Selling and buying houses is incredibly stressful. Went through the buying process last week myself. Good luck on finding a new one.