Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's the EGR valve!

Discussion in '1983-2005 S-Series models' started by TwoCrowsDesign, May 9, 2002.

1. TwoCrowsDesign

TwoCrowsDesign 1/2 ton status

It\'s the EGR valve!

I plugged the vacuum line going to the EGR this morning (89 S-Jimmy with a 4.3L) and initially felt I still hadn't found the problem, but half a mile down the road the ECM must realized something was different because the thing started running better, actually idling and accelerating without stuttering and with full power.

Now to figure out the electrical problem which must have something to do with the door switches. Then the t-case switch, then the body, then the SFA, then bigger tires, and so on...

2. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s the EGR valve!

In exchange for getting some body work done on my K5, I put in a crate 4.3 in a fella's S-10. That was a few months ago, he came back the other day with a wierd idle. It sounded like it had a cam in it, vrooom, chug, vroom..... I replaced the IAC, MAP, fuel pressure regulator and injector assembly, vac checked the EGR. It took twice as long beause I had to put all of his old parts back on. I get around to the line from the EGR solenoid and plugged it off, it smoothed it out. So then I plugged the line back in and uhooked the electrical wiring, it worked fine. So this stupid thing is getting the signal to open the EGR at idle and I don't know why?! /forums/images/icons/confused.gif