Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's time to install my cage, looking for some pics of...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by yunit, Jun 29, 2004.

1. yunit

yunit 1/2 ton status

It\'s time to install my cage, looking for some pics of...

My main interest is in how you guys running cages tied the cage to the frame. If you have pics or links to cage pics, post them up. I want to start bending my tube ASAP. Thanks.

The reason why I need to start bending my tube up. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

[​IMG]

2. unclematty

unclematty 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s time to install my cage, looking for some pics of...

holy freakin half a blazer Batman, what was that???I'm not gonna tie mine in due to the stiffening effect it has. I need all the flex I can get, even at the expense of breakage. I've seen other guy's just measure from the center of where the cage bolts to the floor to the frame, and cut a piece of tube that long grind to fit add pieces of plate on bothends and weld, then bolt, or weld to frame if desired. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Russ

Russ 1/2 ton status

There are some pictures in my webshots album of what I did. I tied the 6 mounting points in to the sliders and rear bumper and then to the frame through polyurethane bushings. It did stiffen the body up somewhat.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rjdinkins

Russ

4. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yunit, take lots of pics of the build up for the cage please /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif

5. nvrenuf

nvrenuf NONE shall pass! Premium Member

[ QUOTE ]
    There are some pictures in my webshots album of what I did. I tied the 6 mounting points in to the sliders and rear bumper and then to the frame through polyurethane bushings. It did stiffen the body up somewhat.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/rjdinkins

Russ

[/ QUOTE ]

Werd! I got to see Russ' K5 in person last Sunday, the cage and frame tie-ins are SWEET!! /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif