Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's time to move somewhere else

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stickseler, Jul 2, 2004.

1. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

It\'s time to move somewhere else

This country is going to hell maybe I'll move to Mexico or one of those other empty countries.

2. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Re: It\'s time to move somewhere else

im thinking i might be your neighbor /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

3. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

lets movw to Cabo! Ill tell you how it is next week when I get back. I know theres lots of good fihing there.

Nick

4. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

About the only way to get away from Mexicans now is to go to Mexico. Soon there won't be any left there... LOL!

5. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

As fawked up as things are in this country, it's even worse everywhere else. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

But American gov't is so screwed up mainly because so FEW people in this country pay ANY attention to what's going on. Around 21% of all the registered voters in the US voted in the last presidential election. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif Probably fewer than that ever bother to watch the evening news or read a newspaper (and no, reading the comics page doesn't count). It's the "head in the sand" approach to life.

Just last night I was watching Jay Leno doing one of his "Jaywalking" bits, where he goes out and asks people on the street some simple questions. Last night he was asking questions about America and it was sad to see just how many totally CLUELESS people are out there walking around. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif One lady that he interviewed didn't know who is Vice President, and thought that there are 32 stars on the American Flag. Gee, do you think she knows anything about who to vote for in the next election? /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif Idiots like that are why politicians can get away with all of the stupid crap that they pull. They know that no one is watching the man behind the curtain...

6. behemoth

behemoth 1/2 ton status

Well put Harry!

Jay Leno does that several times a year - and it just floors me to see how stupid Americans can be!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

As far as the U.N. (Useless Nations) monitoring American elections, wouldn't it take a majority vote from the full House and Senate to even get this nonsense considered? ... and not just a "letter" from a handful of leftist politicians? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

7. offroadcowboy

offroadcowboy 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    As far as the U.N. (Useless Nations) monitoring American elections, wouldn't it take a majority vote from the full House and Senate to even get this nonsense considered? ... and not just a "letter" from a handful of leftist politicians?

[/ QUOTE ]
    From what I have heard It wont happen.The reason being is they wanted two u.n.observers for each one hundred polling places which works out to be something like 20,000 observers. That is something akin to a foriegn army on U.S. soil. Can't be allowed to happen even if the govt asked for it.

8. mtn. burb

mtn. burb 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    Well put Harry!

Jay Leno does that several times a year - and it just floors me to see how stupid Americans can be!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif

As far as the U.N. (Useless Nations) monitoring American elections, wouldn't it take a majority vote from the full House and Senate to even get this nonsense considered? ... and not just a "letter" from a handful of leftist politicians? /forums/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I've seen that bit on Leno and you are right on target.

Like a lot of you guys, I have a decent working knowledge of how our system of civil government is set up, and how it is suppose to function. I have a circle of friends, who for the most part, share my values and political views. It gives you comfort to know others think the way you do, and I have found that comfort here on CK5. It is great to know their are so many of us who love America and our God given rights, spread out all over our land. We are everywhere. Liberals beware!!!!!!

And then I see one of those Jaywalking bits where they interview people down at Citywalk in Universal City and it scares the hell out of me! A lot of people are completely ignorant on our political landscape! The schools should never have stopped teaching civics.

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

9. Stickseler

Stickseler 3/4 ton status

I couldn't agree mre. BTW I asked my 7yr old and 10 yr old those 2 questions, the 7 year old got em right without even thinking, The 10year old got the star part but took 2 trys to get the V.P. (thats why the 10 yr old gets home schooled next year /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

10. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Well, my 5 year old didn't know who the pres is, and didn't know the flag had 50 stars. At 5, I dunno if that's troubling or not, but it doesn't really bother me. She'll know by the end of the day!

We're going to have an educational and patriotic flag raising today that would make Mike Moore and half the New York City leftists call us rednecks...

11. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Move to Alaska..............