Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

it's time to play guess that sound

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by muddysub, Feb 14, 2002.

1. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

it\'s time to play guess that sound

who can guess what the suburban's mistery sound of the day is. (sorry no sound clip)

a: u-joint failure.
    b: the transfer case.
    c: the retarded flex-plate.
    d: none of the above.

tick tock tick tock....... BEEEP times up!
    the answer is d: none of the above!
    my exhaust system fell down from where it's supposed to be and landed on my rear drive shaft at 45mph today. that'll wake you up! what kinda scary noises have you heard comin from your rigs? cuz this one was pretty scarry.

--Scott, 1989 GMC Suburban 2500 4" lift, 36" TSLs
    <a target="_blank" href=http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub>http://community.webshots.com/user/muddysub</a>

2. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Re: it\'s time to play guess that sound

U-Joint failure on a paved road at 35MPH, Clunk Clunk Clunk, Bang, Clunk, Bang....lol, but whats a dent in the floor board? Evil noises from the rear end is not good either.

3. Nonesuch

Nonesuch 1/2 ton status

front driveshaft off the t-case at 75 MPH on the interstate in my 79 K5. It sounded like a bomb went off under my truck. that was damn scary and so was all the smoke from the tranny fluid pouring out of the hole in my tranny burning off on my exhaust. I didnt have a clue what it was until I pulled of the road!
    Justin

Austin, Texas K5'er

4. Ryan B.

Ryan B. 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

2 years ago.....
    How about the sound of one of the rods melting in your engine and wacking around hitting the walls of the block and shattering the camshaft!!!
    I heard this at about 70 MPH on 101 more than halfway from my house to Pismo. It was going to be the first time I took my blazer out to the sand dunes. Talk about a bad trip.
    I knew it wasn't good when I looked down and saw no oil pressure with an ocassional little jump of the gauge for oil pressure.
    Just as I saw this I hear BAAAANNNGGG! TAT TAT TAT TAAT TAT TAT TAT TAT TAAAT TAAAAAAT TAAAAAAAAT!

As I coast to the side of the freeway powerless. I see tons of smoke in the rearview mirror.
    I get out only to find smoke coming out the breather, dipstick tube, and out of a couple of holes in the oil pan where the rod wacked around and dented the pan leaving a couple holes. Might not have noticed it right then if it wasn't for the smoke coming out of the holes in the oil pan.

I was following my dad's truck towing a trailor with our 327powered jeep, and a quad... He came back and got me. we ended up renting a trailor, dropping our trailor off at that rental yard... towing my truck all the way back home, and then we had to get back to that rental yard by 5:00...
    We were supposed to be driving for only 3 or 4 hours to pismo... we were on the road for about 10-12 hours that day...

And when we got there it was cool cruzing around in the dunes in the jeep and on a quad, but all i could think about was the next engine i now had to build up for my broken Blazer.

I'll have to take some pictures of the carnage and post it later on so you guys can see!

[Real Men Don't Care About Gas Mileage Or Rapid Tire Wear!]
    1972 K/5
    Ryan B.