Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Its time to Rock - Bring It AWN!!! Disney is near....

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mudzer, Jul 31, 2001.

1. Mudzer

Mudzer 1/2 ton status Author

Well, tis time to rock and roll really soon. I have heard from many people lately and I know you are all ready to get down 'n dirty at Disney (say that three times fast). We decided to make this somewhat professional but somewhat non-organized. I contacted Jeff Holsted and Jeff Lyons. Holsted created another killer logo for this event and Lyons Design is doing all the printing. It cost us money this time, so if you want to be prestigious, you have to pay!!! The decals will be available at the Disney run for $4 each. Actually, Ken was cool enough to pay in advance for these decals, so we need to get his money back. [​IMG] We are all meeting friday night at Rodgers Cabins in Disney for a cookout. We will probably start the grill around 7:00pm. Bring your own stuff for grilling and I would be glad to cook it for you. Some of you may not show up till late, just be sure to call ahead and tell the hotels, campgrounds or wherever you plan to stay. We are planning to start early Saturday morning - 6:30 AM. We will meet at Rodgers Cabins on Main Street in Disney. We need to beat the heat. Cool thing about Disney, we will not be hard to find if you show up later than 6:30. Keep your CB tuned to Channel 4 and call out for the group if you cannot find us. So, come AWN all you hardcore people, we have the perfect place to try out those major mods you have been bragging about! [​IMG]. Plus, Steve Frisbie will be there in the flesh - Signing autographs and you will be able to check out the <font color=yellow>"Tweety Bird"</font color=yellow> in person. Of course Mr. Frisbie will probably hurt me for saying that about the K5. Email me if you are planning on being there Friday and have not received an email from me neilmarietta@toast.net Check out the Disney site at <a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/disney.htm>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/disney.htm</a> for pictures of the new logos and stuff. I will update it tonight...

Mudzer 1978/91 K5
    <font color=blue>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com</font color=blue>

2. K5BLT4FUN

K5BLT4FUN 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I will be there late Thursday night if I can get the rear end fixed, the crossover steering conversion completed and the soft top I bought from tRusty installed. I will be there one way or another.

I may be slow, but I sure am fat!

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Dont you have a rear end to fix...a steering box to change ....a top to install. Nothing like waiing till its time to go to get ready!!!

4. ROCKBUGGYK5

ROCKBUGGYK5 1/2 ton status

ill be there mines ready to rock didnt have time to hook up my crossover steering though, oohh well u boys will get to see what a k5 can do in buggy form bahahaha c boys at the cookout

ROCKBUGGY K5 38S LOCKED AND CHOPPED

5. ROCKBUGGYK5

ill be there mines ready to rock didnt have time to hook up my crossover steering though, oohh well u boys will get to see what a k5 can do in buggy form bahahaha c u boys at the cookout

6. CK5

CK5 In my underwear Administrator Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Have fun guys and tear it up!! Any new pics of the rock bugy?

Steve

Bandwidth FREE ZONE

Mall-Running poseur 4x4 with curb-feelers

7. aaaaggh

aaaaggh 1/2 ton status

birmingham alabama cause there no ham like birming
    speaking of disney. i went to disney world this summer. ive never seen so man faggs freaks and perverts in my life. and that wasnt even on thier big fag weekend.

friends romans countrymen, lend me some parts

8. blazin72

blazin72 1/2 ton status

Mudzer
    I will be there, I dont know if I will be able to hang on the big stuff with you guys. Let me know if there is a extra seat that isnt taken.
    Do you have a head count?
    You might call out for a roll call.
    I will go down friday to meet everyone then go back home.
    Then come back Saturday.
    See ya then.
    Blazin72

Blazin 72

9. Mudzer

Layne,

Hope things go well this week. If Ken would quit borrowing parts from you, maybe you could get it done!

Yes, you sure are slow... Actually Layne has a very good excuse for being behind on his K5, he spent one of his weekends working on mine! I wish I could have returned the favor before the Disney trip and helped you, but too many life things get in the way. Good luck Layne.

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

10. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Hey he gets them back!

11. ROCKBUGGYK5

yep but u will have to wait till after disney its done exept for suspension and steering, but i want some action pics so u will have to wait till we get back
    adam

12. Rockjunkies

Rockjunkies 1/2 ton status

Will that be this weekend?

Keep it simple!

13. thebigdaddyof2

thebigdaddyof2 1/2 ton status

Well, Popz and I just finished welding the new spring pads on the van 14bolt. I still have a lot of loose ends to tie up. Hope to make it sometime on Fri with the new and improved
    "Big Daddy Ride". C-ya.

thebigdaddyof2

14. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

I was hoping you would make it with the new ride bigdaddy

15. Mudzer

Thats great news Todd. Glad to hear you can make it. Hope Shaggy will be there as well. The site is officially updated now, check out the new decals. The Disney run is this coming weekend Aug 3-5. Hope to see you all there.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/disney.htm>www.mudzer.rockcrawler.com/disney.htm</a>

Mudzer 1978/91 K5

16. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Are we ready yet!!

17. K5BLT4FUN

Well, I thought I had better give an update as to my progress. I just finished putting the 14 bolt back together, filling it with oil, and connecting the drive shaft. Man I do love the 14 bolts, 3 hours to take one R&amp;P out and Install the other. Well now all I have to do is finish the crossover steering.

18. ChadH82

ChadH82 1/2 ton status

I'm getting anxious (sp?). Hopefully the old Z-71 will hold up with it's 1/2 ton axles and 38's. It's been tested but not rock tested. Man I wish the blazer was finished. We sure are heading out early Sat. morning. I guess we'll beat the heat maybe. So which spillway does everyone think is the best? There is three right? Is anyone going to have a compressor? If not I'm sure a gas station around will have air. I'm ready to go!!

Chad

19. K5BLT4FUN

Well, its time for another update. I just finished the crossover conversion. All I have left is to bleed the air from the power steering system. I will be starting on the soft top tonight. Let you know how that goes.

20. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Steve F has an ARB Comp. and I run a York for Air so we have the airup dutys covered. Layne, Steve and I also bring parts to rebuild most ft ends and some rear end I also will have my lite gasless wirefeed welder. I think we will be starting out in #2 Saterday and work on from there.