Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

It's weird how things work sometimes...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by mountainexplorer, Nov 23, 2002.

1. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

It\'s weird how things work sometimes...

Recently, I've been really low on cash...barely putting gas in vehicles just to get from point A to point B, and there are a bunch of maintenence supplies I need to get (plugs, wires, etc...)

I have been working in our basement here in the house, cause my mom wants it remodeled. I got all the walls framed, and we had an electrician come to update and relocate some wiring. We were going to leave the existing ceiling boards up, but the electrician found that to do everything right, he needed more access. He had taken some of the ceiling boards down, boards that my dad had put up about ten years ago. He left for the night, and I told him I'd take the rest down.

So, I'm taking the boards down, and I look up, and notice an envelope resting on top of one of the boards. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif Confused, I take it down, and open it. No note, no writing, but there was $50 cash in it (1 ten and 2 twenties).

Still confused, I finally realized that my dad must have left it there. For what reason? I have no clue. I don't understand him sticking $50 in an envelope ten years ago and placing it above the ceiling boards. But I just knew he did it...he was the type to do things like that.

Seems kind of weird, but, seems like I found it at the right time. All I can say is, "Thanks, Dad." I'll try to spend it wisely. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Chevit

Chevit 1/2 ton status

Re: It\'s weird how things work sometimes...

Cool you found the cash, but I think it is mine /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

3. eds77k5

eds77k5 1/2 ton status

maybe your luck is changing to the good now /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Use it to buy her dinner! Just kidding. Nice find, though, timing is nice...

5. Polaris

Polaris 1/2 ton status

Well I believe it says in my favorite book, that everything good comes from God. So send a little thanks to the man "upstairs"! Cool!

6. mountainexplorer

mountainexplorer 1/2 ton status

Yes, absolutely. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Thanks already given...and given again.
    I thought it was cool just thinking about how things work out...how in a way in the overall scheme of things, ten years ago my dad set $50 aside and circumstances just led me to receiving it when I needed it most.

If we hadnt been doing this basement remodel, (which I dread at times because it's only 1 more thing on my "To-Do" list), I wouldnt have found it. Only a few more boards, and the electrician would have found it instead. Had the electrician not needed the boards removed, it wouldn't have been found.

It just made me happy last night...not just the fact of finding $50, but seemed like there was a deeper meaning to it all that made me smile.

I think I'll use some of it to buy plugs and stuff for the '68 Chevy truck I'm working on that used to be my Dad's, and our one and only truck from 1980-1994.