Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ivan pissed on me

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Goober, Sep 18, 2004.

1. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

I woke up in Charlotte NC yesterday and had to walk a block and a half down the street from my hotel to meet with some folks. The rain from Ivan was so heavy and the wind was blowing so hard that it was blowing sideways and I couldn't even see the street lights. I just put my umbrella away since it wasn't doing me any good and was just getting ripped apart. It ended up in the garbage. My clothes were soaked and water was sloshing out of my shoes as I walked into a board room filled with suits /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif. I dumped the water out of my laptop bag into the trash can and froze my butt off for two hours sitting in the air conditioning. That really sucked but at least the cute receptionist went to the health club downstairs and got me some towels.

I think I deserve a raise. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Geeze, it's been a long time since I've seen rain that hard. Coming from someone who lives in Seattle THAT's saying something.

I was hoping to get a good view from the top when we flew out but we were still in the clouds at 30k ft and couldn't see squat.

oh well, it's good to be home ... and dry.

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

yikes! I couldn't stand being wet and freezing for that long, I'd die /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

3. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

You must have had one wild night to have woken up all the way over in NC. /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif

4. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

5. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

hahaha, yea, charlotte was getting nasty right as i left yesterday afternoon. i gotta say, this is the first time that ive run from a hurricane by going TO the beach /forums/images/graemlins/screwy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif