Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've been summoned

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by kyser_soze, Jun 25, 2006.

1. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

to appear before the court as a juror. There have been quite a few big cases around here lately. Murders, rapes, murder-rapes, crap like that. I hope I don't get hooked on a big case. That would just suck. Maybe with my strong opinionated self no lawer would want me.:doah:

2. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Post us the links to the stories, when ya can. :wink1:

3. wasted wages

wasted wages 3/4 ton status

Just tell them you will make a great juror, you can spot guilty people a mile away,,,worked for me,,,:haha:

4. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Nice.:bow: :haha: :haha:

5. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

just tell them you are really thirsty and want to know where the "whites only" fountain is :D that one should work

6. tomseviltwin

tomseviltwin 1/2 ton status

Say "I can't imagine why the police would arrest an innocent person.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

just say something like "kill'em all, let God sort them out!" during the selection process. You'll be back at home in no time.

j

8. BigBen

BigBen 1/2 ton status Premium Member

The story of how he gets sent home could be SO MUCH better than the potential story of any case he might be a juror on. I look forward to the updates!

9. afroman006

afroman006 1/2 ton status

I've been summoned twice and I'm only 20, but I'm a fulltime student so I just had to mail the little card back in. I cherish the thought of being judged by 12 people who were too stupid to get out of being selected...

10. Can Can

Can Can Pusher Man Staff Member Super Moderator

Way too funnay!!!! :rotfl:

Ask the questioning lawyer who his barber is. When he replies, say "OH!!! YOU"RE the guy he was talking about" and roll your eyes.....

11. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

just tell the very excitedly that you watch the peoples court everyday so you know how a real life court room works and that you watched every minute of the OJ trial and want to be part of putting a guilty guy in jail so that you can write a book about it someday:haha:

12. kyser_soze

Discustingly funny

:D
    Well there I was patiently waiting for the lawers to ask me a question that would somehow get me off this civil suit case, when we were dismissed for a 20 min. break. I get up walk a row or tow ahead and what do I see.

......(Rememberance of that 1980's film of Coming to America where the 'ethnic' people were wearing that Geri curl ,or Snow glow, or whatever that hair product is.)

Where the people get up and the greasy stuff is all over the couch. Yep you got it, all over one of the Jurors high deep chairs.:smile1: Yuk.

13. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

yeh I got summoned during christmas break, I postponed it, was sick the next time it came up, it got put back to during my springbreak, and when I called in the night before to see if I had to go, I didnt. Made me happy

14. kyser_soze

Civil suit

I did'nt get pick to serve but I did get the jest of the case.

It seems that some old lady was trying to park her car and hit the gas instead of the brakes and ran into a couple of cosmology students out side of their school, having a smoke.

So they are suing the school owners!

WTF!

The lawyers of the plantifs are trying to make a case that because the store owners designated that these students must smoke outside their business and did not have bollards ( concrete reinforced stteel barracades) inserted in the sidewalk infront of the smoking spot, that it is the owners fault that the girls got hurt. Even though city codes do not specify that they had to do this.

Why did'nt the sue the old lady that ran them over? She died of natural causes waiting to go to trial. They are sueing her estate.

I got off the case because they asked me the wrong question. One of the girls broke her leg in the accident and has a meandering hurt leg, sore all the time.
    They asked if anyone would site for the plaintif if they would be inclined to sympethise with them for a meandering ailment even though the doc says all is O.K. or something like that. I said that I hurt my leg in a skiing accident 20 years ago and still have soreness from it and said that it was possible. I could see that the Judge didn't like my opinionated answer immediatly.:D

BTW I seen a guy there whome I was friends with 20 years ago, small world.

15. protechk5

protechk5 1/2 ton status

same dude, both times i called and got out of it cuz im full time student

16. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I got summoned the week b4 my college finals one semester. I went to the first day (happened to be a day I had no classes & I could study while wiating) and asked if it were a one day thing. Was told that it was not. I said I can't be here any other day as I've got finals coming up. The lady told me that was not an acceptable reason. I told her we needed to find a reason b/c I wasn't going toss a whole semester's work, which would put me back a year b/c of class sequences, for a jury summons. She asked if I was self employed. :D

Next time, same thing, only now in Chico. Can't come in as I have classes. Butte County has a LOT of college students so they know the drill. Got it delayed to the end of the semester. Then I moved home. I.E. no longer a resident of that county.

If they'd call me now I'd go. Afterall, it's only work. :D

17. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

the school is convenient, and has a LOT more money. That's pretty much all that is required for a lawyer to start salivating. My wife is shocked that they haven't tossed the tobacco copanies in the suit also... they have money, and if their diabolically-advertised-as-cool cigarettes hadn't got them addicted to nicotine, they wouldn't have been outside in the first place! lol! silly but so plausible in todays legal "system"...

j