Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've decided that cops are turd bags

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by google, Jun 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. google

google 1/2 ton status

I was a cop. I'm not a kid speaking foolishly. I am getting tired of being pulled over for stupid ****. In my two years with my 2000 dodge ram and and years prior with other newer vehicles, I never once got pulled over. Since I've gotten rid of the newer vehicles and now drive a 95 dodge caravan and my 81 Blazer, they just keep pulling me over for stupid ****. Littering when I threw my smoke out the window. Speeding for 4 over the limit. Even once for having Colorado plates. They wanted to make sure I haven't been in AZ for more than 30 days. This is getting stupid. 3 times this month and i've gone years with nothing. Stupid hillbilly cops in arizona!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. pauly383

pauly383 Daddy383 Staff Member Moderator

I had no drivers license from 1995 to 2000 . I don't get pulled over anymore , either they like the ck5 stickers , or I drive differently :D

Not all cops here are bad , I remember getting popped because I was the losing car to a Pantera ( bad Judgment ) , and my buddy had a beer , he poured it out and let us go with a lecture .

Another changed a tire for my Momma .

And soon there will be another good guy when Slydog finishes school :grin:

Give PHx a chance it will grow on ya . And get soem AZ plates .

3. Ruthven13

Ruthven13 1/2 ton status

Alot of it depends on the area as well. My town won't pull you over unless you do something blatently stupid or illegal. And if you are a resident they usually just tell you to be more careful and not do it again (happened to me many times). The next town over, however, is like having the Nazi gestapo for a police force. They will pull you over for pretty much anything just to rack up tickets. Almost to the point of if your blinker flashes too slowly they will use it as an excuse to pull you over in hopes of finding something else. Even cops from the surrounding towns say the same thing about them. One even threatened to ticket an off duty cop in from my town for making an illegal u-turn. The off duty saw the cop with a bunch (dozen or so) youths loitering in a parking lot late at night and stopped in to offer assistance if he needed it. Instead of saying "thank you, but I have it under control," he was nasty and threatened to writhe him a ticket. Hell, most of them would try to write their own captain a ticket for doing 5 over the speed limit.....

4. camiswelding

camiswelding 1/2 ton status

Ive been a policeman for as long as you are old... and
    IVE DECIDED.....you are misguided....

I am however sorry you are frustrated enough to post disparaging comments

If your clean your clean...if you draw attention...well thats for you to look at
    and if you talk "right" I doubt you would get the cites you do.... even as an ex MP

Most civie police dont really respect miltary po po because we know alot of them arent in it for a career... and being a military po po is way different than a civie police... military code of justice is way different than using the penal code to "shake" crooks...

Ive been stopped on occasion when I did something stupid... Yes I master badge,,, I have a gun next to me... but I also tell the copper Im in his world and I have no attitude... so far no tickets... of course I dont throw smokes out the window etc etc...

look to yourself

cam

5. google

google 1/2 ton status

I'm not getting ticketed. I'm not mad about that. It just seems unfair to me that I have to go through the process because I'm not driving a newer vehicle anymore. I understand the reasoning behind it and I've used the same reasoning before myself. I've just never delt with it from the opposite side. It's pissing me off. I don't do anything different now than I used to. I just have an ugly old truck. That makes me more likely to be a law breaker.

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I've seen both sides of the coin. I've meet some really cool cops, and I've meet some with very bad attitudes. But that happens in any line of work. Keep in mind cops deal with some real low lifes almost every day. So first impressions go along way. Around here, it's farely comman for men too have long hair, so cops don't think much of it, but back in the Omaha area (where I used too live) most cops assume if a guy has long hair, he's a doper/criminal. So the way you look may or may not have anything too do with it. So what you drive comes into play also. It's a form of profiling that most people don't relize they are even doing. You see someone in a older or beat up looking vehicle, you automaticly think poor. The poor are more likely too do something illeagle. That's just the way it is. When I drove older, or clunker cars for daily drivers, I got pulled over. Now that I drive newer/nicer cars, ....well, I haven't been pulled over for more then 5 years. My driving habits haven't changed, I learned long ago to set the cruse controle, come too a complete stop at stop signs, always use the turn signals, make sure all light work, ...ect.

7. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

Heres an idea, quit littering. Fires started by flicked cigarettes have done a LOT of property damage. Throwing a burning object out of a moving car is worse than throwing a soda can out the window... the soda can is just a lump of metal, its not going to do anything destructive. And don't bother with the "mine are always out when I flick 'em" BS, its amazing how seemingly "out" fire can make a comeback under the right circumstances.

Heres another idea, don't speed. 40,000+ people killed every year on the highway, excessive speed is a good part of the problem. Think about those numbers, thats 110 people a day... and doesn't even count people who are wounded really really bad... paralysis, lost limbs etc.

this is the one legit gripe you have and I agree with ya.

theres no need to start making generalizations about people and using "hillybilly" as an insult just cause someone isn't from a megacity. Having lived in the inner city and the burbs and visited the toolies from time to time I've found people in cities to be (by FAR) the most ****ed up.

j

8. google

google 1/2 ton status

First of all, your a jackass. If I want to gripe, I will. Seconed, I realize the dangers of fire. I didn't say that what I did wasn't wrong, just that I never had trouble with it in my "new" cars. Third, highway speeds and old speedometers don't mix well. The speedometer isn't accurate at that rate of speed. Third, I grew up in this city and i'll call the people here whatever the hell I please. WTF are you to tell me different? Want to sound smart for the people here on the forum? I have a better way.... don't say anything. I didn't deserve to be attacked for complaining a little about my frustrations. Trying to prove me wrong makes no sense. It's simply a matter of perspective. If you have a problem with something, save it for a debate. This was simply a complaint. AND YES, I WANT CHEESE WITH MY WINE :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Just screwing with ya.... but really.... kiss my butt

9. bigcountryk5

bigcountryk5 1/2 ton status

everyone's truck looks like poo poo.... :D

10. google

google 1/2 ton status

The plain and simple fact is, I'm being profiled as something negative because of the "poo poo" looking truck I drive. It pisses me off. If you don't like that i'm pissed off about it, #@()#*$&@#)(*$&@#)($^(*&#@$ and your momma too. :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :woot: :screwy:

11. 84k5

84k5 1/2 ton status

My roomate just got a $350 ticket for throwing a cig out the window, I wouldn't be whining if I was you.

12. k5freak44

k5freak44 1/2 ton status

yea cops suck i threw a beer at a squad car once and he had the nerve to chase me.

just kidding :cool1:

13. tlarsw

tlarsw 1/2 ton status

Hoorray for the ticket! I hate it when people throw cig butts out the window! I figure if they are stupid (not saying you're stupid, just poking fun) enough to smoke, keep the butt in the vehicle! :D :D :D

Same guy probably complains about the price of gas! He'll spend $2.50-$3.00 for a pack of smokes, but complains about the gas being that much! When the smokes do nothing for you! :D :D :D

For the most part, I feel the law enforcement does an outstanding job! Of course you'll find and A-hole every now and then, but overall GREAT JOB!

I quit my speeding a couple of years ago and haven't been pulled over since.

Just my $.02

Last edited: Jun 14, 2005
  14. blazinzuk

blazinzuk Buzzbox voodoo Premium Member GMOTM Winner

I support most cops they have a tough job although I get pulled over my fair share, I got pulled over in my samurai ( 9" lift 33" tires always had the doors off no mudflaps very small fender flares) a ton even got a couple of tickets (mudflaps and no fender flares) but I have never been pulled over in my blazer ( 10" lift 39.5 IROKs no bumpers fender flares or mudflaps). Hmmm who knows why

15. Bubba Ray Boudreaux

Bubba Ray Boudreaux 1 ton status

Throwing a cigarette butt out the window in front of me would entitle you to a citation, no buts about it. Furthermore, I'm sure our resident firefighters would like to chime in with a few words for ya :mad:

Furthermore, it's friggin Arizona for ya, there's places out there I don't visit and there's places that have followed me out of town.................. :D

And furthermore, I wished some of y'all would pull your heads out of your asses.............

Quit ****ING lumping all of us together, it's gets ****ing old at times. Kind of reminds me when the Klan used to go hunting, as long as you had the right color, you were a target...............

16. mudjunkie 82

mudjunkie 82 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

You are right, Some cops have major Attitudes but for the most part the Majory of them have a tough job to do and do it well. I have a few friends that are Police Officers and they are real cool People. I sometimes look at the ones who are dicks and think maybe they got there Ass's kicked alot whem they were younger and now they have a badge they think they are Buford Pusser...............................................................................

17. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I know many cops myself.

Around my town....the cops are lax with some of us...
    They've let me drive my rig without a windshield...beadlocks...you name-it.

Whatever you do....don't drink'n'drive...they'll throw you in the pen.
    The cops around here aren't looking for trivial bs...to write tickets here.

18. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Dillon Colorado, Hang'in in the mountains. Renting
    Just a question, if everyone hates when people throw ciggerette butts out the window, why did they stop putting ash trays in cars and trucks?
    I hate the idea of doing it but I have done it before when there was nothing in the car to get rid of it in. Laws are being passed all the time to protect us but how can the auto makers get away with doing that?
    Think about all the people that just don't care and smoke, give them a car without an ashtray and I see a big fire burning.

To me, it's just another way to force people to do what they feel is right. BTW, I don't know why but I haven't been pulled over for 5+ years until last weekend (my fault but no ticket) and I have NEVER owner a new car/truck.

The government is increasing the laws everyday and taking them to dumb levels and it's the cops job to enforce them. Some realize that they are foolish but most just go with the flow. Sooner or later, they will have the right to give you a ticket for your long hair or driving an older truck.
    Sinical, but just wait.

19. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

Off-Topic, but
    $11 a pack in atlantic city, a buddy just went there last month... I think it's up to $8 in New York City. I quit when it was going over $5 a pack, 4 or 5 years ago... :rotfl: :rotfl:

On topic, I haven't been pulled over in a long time, and I drove some pretty crappy looking vehicles that I didn't get pulled over in. On the other hand, when I had a loud, beefed up Dodge Coupe, I got pulled over constantly. When I had a great condition Camaro, I got pulled over all the time.

The pull-overs seemed to stop after I had my daughter, but in my mind, my driving habits never changed. I can say today that my driving habits are MUCH less aggressive than they were in the Dodge and Camaro days...

I dont know the cops in your area, so this could be way off-base, but I'd suspect your vehicle draws attention to your driving habits that the other vehicles may not have.

20. shewheeler

shewheeler 1/2 ton status

Believe it or not, my '05 Mazda 3 came with an ashtray and a cig lighter :shocked:
    I have been known to occasionally toss my butt out the window :blush: for the same reason. The past couple of newers cars I had didn't have an ashtray, but I would certainly take peek in the mirror before doing so (Johnny Law or bikers or dry grass, etc.) -- usually toss it when crossing over an overpass or other part of the road with no vegetation on the shoulders. I didn't want to be responsible for a grass fire so I started keeping a half full water bottle to use as an ashtray and still do with my brand new car even though it is equipped with an ashtray.

Around here I believe it's $1000 fine for throwing a burning object from a vehicle.

I grew up in a pretty small town and was pretty high profile with the law enforcement officers around here. They all knew me and my car and I knew all of them, too :doah: Definitely got my fair share of tickets back in the day. If you feel you are being harrassed, go to the chief of the po po... that's what I did. Keep a record of when you are getting pulled over and for what reason.

I dunno... keep it under 90 and fly low ;) :thumb:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.