Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ive discovered a problem..... or rather an obsession

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Mr.LaHoyaSunset, Aug 4, 2003.

1. Mr.LaHoyaSunset

Mr.LaHoyaSunset Registered Member

So here is my problem. I'm driving down the road in my Blazer (1979 k5, 305, 3.5in susp. lift, 32 in bf m/t's) and doth my eyes decieve me, I happen to see a tonka truck bigger than myself.... so I want to go bigger, but not insanely bigger, although....
    anyhoo, finances are not aplenty, and not limited, so I was pondering upgrading to 35's and purchasing a 3 in body lift. I would also love to get dual, but I have been unsuccessful in locating some.....
    here is my question. What do you all reccomend? Does that sound like a good idea, or just plain stupid. My buddy, from whom I purchased said truck, said that with the 3in body lift, it would accomodate the 35's(w/o cutting).
    Does he make sense, or is he just ate up?

Thanks and any advice would be greatly appreciated. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif

2. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

you should be able to clear 35s with the body and suspension lift if thats what you're talkin about..

3. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

You could get away with a 3 inch lift but if you flex at all then you're going to rub the fenders. Personally I wouldn't do a body lift. It might be cheap but you run into little problems like cooling issues, t-case lever hitting floor pan popping it out of 4WD, unsightly body gaps. I would save up and do it right the first time with a suspension lift. If $$ is tight just get the front springs and blocks in the rear (preferably springs in the rear). Spend your money once and spend it wisely. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. cegusman

cegusman 3/4 ton status

Why not do an Offroad Design Zero rate front and rear, and chop the fenders and run the 35"s?