Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Ive got a "noise" question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Me89'Jimmy, Jul 15, 2003.

1. Me89'Jimmy

Me89'Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Ive got a \"noise\" question

ok whenever i back up my 89 (10 bolt with 4.88's and a factory posi) it has the unmistakable sound of a metal on metel ping. the pings are loud and seem to occur with every revolution of the tire. its freaking me out because i know its bad and i dont know what to do. Can you guys give me some idea of what it might be, and how much its gonna cost me to fix it. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. rampage

rampage 1/2 ton status

Re: Ive got a \"noise\" question

The only 'pinging' sound that I'm aware of is the u-joint in the driveshaft. I think anything in the axle would be more of a grinding/growling noise. I'd check the simple and cheap things first to rule them out. A u-joint is only about $10.

3. Confedneck

Confedneck 3/4 ton status

Re: Ive got a \"noise\" question

yeah id check the u-joints, mine makes a pinging noise occasionally on take off but its the exhaust hitting the rear spring shackle...