Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've got something to be depressed about, but I'm oddly happy....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jan 6, 2006.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Unemployed and down to my literal last dollars. Not enough in the bank account to make my truck payment this month without going below the minimum balance and garnering fees. Working for my dad until I get a job, for no pay, manual labor. Which it is hard to find a job when you work 6am to 4pm... that is another topic though. No calls on the jobs I did apply for, I want to go do a follow up in person on at least one of them but have been working. Saturn is out of commission until I buy plastic fort he back window or get a new one(either one is more money then I have). No calls on the truck for sale, which I am now forced to drive. Truck is running rich so its eating gas, needs back brakes, BAD, again more money then I have.

After all that... I'm oddly calm about it. As of yet anyway. I've really been enjoying working for my dad. Been keeping up much better than I anticipated. I still know that construction isn't for me, but I can do it as long as I HAVE to. Met a chick who is alright, I could see spending some time with... just need money for gas and such. And most of all, I'm home, no more western PA. It feels so good to be among people who mispronounce the word Orange the sameway I do and say the same **** I do. Feels good to drive through Philly each day.

2. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Don't go bringing your damn happiness in here. This is the depression zone.

:D Its good to be home sometimes.;)

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

As long as we've turned the depression threads into total hijacks so far...

Have you ever been away on a trip or at school and come home to a steaming home meal and devoured it like somebody was gonna steal it? My mom made pasta the first night I'd been home in a month or so and I think I inhaled it.

4. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

eh I cooked better out at school half the time compared to my mom's cooking :). Now when I came home and went out to eat with my parents, THEN I inhaled the stuff.

5. Grieby54

Grieby54 1/2 ton status

That's a really great outlook on things man. It's impressive that you can do that