Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've got the BLUES!!!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 86blazerk5, Jun 6, 2002.

1. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

I\'ve got the BLUES!!!

Hey Guys and Girls. I was just reading a post in this forum from Steve asking us members what he could do to make the memberships more desirable. And that got me thinking:

You know, Steve got laid off from his job about 2 months ago if I'm not mistaken. And CK5 is his only source of income right now. Now I dont now steve personaly, but I love him like a brother, and i do know that he has at least one Kid. Now Old Steveo's pretty smart, and i am sure he has his money planned out to make it through these difficult months while he works at getting Off Camber 4X4 up to speed. But until then, the main souce of income he has is for us to buy memberships. Then it semed odd to me that everyone has not already bought a membership. Becuase I can tell you from experiance that these things more than pay for themselves. The cost is 25 dollars, and I have saved at least $50 in things I have gotten discounts on so far this year. Not to mention the money i have saved from this site in advice or the freindships i have made. Also, when you become a member a part of that money goes to help fight to keep our public lands open to 4X4s... Those donations are very important. Now I know that there are several people on this site who dont know where next months mortgage or rent is coming from... And i am not trying to make anyone feel bad. But for those of you who have the money, please take the time to become a member. Take it from a fellow member, you wont regret it. I assure you, this site is not cheap to keep running. It costs Steve several hundred a month just to pay for the bandwidth. For thoses of you who have only been on this site for a few months, or even a year dont remember the time when Steve thought he was going to have to shut down the site becuase it was becoming to expensive for him to keep up. That was before he invented these membership packages. So get out there and do your part. The below link will take you there.

http://coloradok5.com/membership.shtml

Just thought I would share this for those who didnt know.
    Ike

2. shupach

shupach 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'ve got the BLUES!!!

steve (sigh) he's sooooooo dreamy. come on guys, he works day in and out for us, the least u can do is buy a membership. If it werent for him we wouldnt have such a wonderful place.

phill

3. GMMANIAC

GMMANIAC Registered Member

I did my part. I just became a full flegged member. Where else could go to get this kind of info & help on a daily basis.

'89 K5, 350w/TBI,2.5 Superlift system

4. BadDog

BadDog SOL Staff Member Super Moderator Author

I'll throw in my own experience. I saved $50 on just *ONE* (that’s **1**) deal due to my membership. That **1** deal doubled the value of what I paid. I wish by G@# @##% IRA, stocks, and mutual funds were giving me that kind of return in the last year!!!! And hey, guess what, I've saved smaller amounts on other deals too!

And that’s not all folks! If you place your order within the next 10 minutes and Steve will throw in a shinny new *ORANGE* name to impress all you’re friends.

First come, first serve. State and Federal restrictions may apply. Offer not valid in some areas due to lack of real wheeling terrain...

5. Pookster

Pookster 1/2 ton status

Wonder if I can pay by paypal.....someone let me know

6. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

WOW ... How can I say no to a FREE **ORANGE** name with a paid membership?

I just paid my membership fee, I can't wait to see my name in **ORANGE** !

7. XHitman396

XHitman396 1/2 ton status

HOLD UP, i got my membership, but no comprende (dun understand) this name color thing... wuz it mean?

8. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

im becoming one!! im only 16 ..just getting a job..but i GATTA be a member lol..i dont feel.."genuine" until i gots one lol..

Bryan-later

9. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

I'd love to be a member... BUT some people (me for example) live paycheck to paycheck themselves... Between the Scout, being a teenager, and saving for my lift kit/wheels and other toys, I'm LUCKY to have a buck in my wallet on pay day...

10. 86blazerk5

86blazerk5 1/2 ton status

Hey Capman@k, thats understandable and we've all been there. I am only refering to the people who have the dough and just arnt oing it for whatever reason. But I will say this Capman2k look on the member page at the stuff you get discounts on, and if there is something on there you are saving for, buy a member ship for 25 bucks, and then get those discounts. It depends on what you are buying, but as people have mentioned above most of us have easily gotten our 25 bucks back by 2,3 or 4 times that amount in discounts on stuff we were going to eventualy buy anyway. And Pookster, you dont need to use Paypal becuase Steve has this sight set up to be secure to order from. So just go to the links abouve either in my oroignal post, or at the top of the page where it says CK5 Membership, or OffCamber4X4.
    Ike