Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've gotta make a decision (truck related)

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by BigOrange90Jimmy, Sep 11, 2006.

1. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Ok, so there's a guy that's interested in buying the Blue Goose, my hacked together K20/K5 combobulation. I told him he could get it for $1200.

If I decide to sell it, that will take me out of the 4wd scene for a while, until I can build another, better truck.

On that same note, there's a guy here in the area selling a D60/14b combo from a dually. It's exactly the axle setup I've been wanting forever, and he wants $1000 for them.

Should I sell the truck and buy the axles for my next project, or keep the hacked together truck and forget about the axles?

If it came down to it, I could use the axles under my DD K5 until the need for them came in my REAL toy.

I can't drive the Goose right now because I don't have tags on it, and it gets HORRIBLE mileage. It's just sitting, a pile of worn out parts with a nice rebuilt transmission in it.

So, keep the truck (which I'm really not happy with right now because it needs some major work, plus the D44 front keeps me from upgrading it), sell it and buy the axles, or part it out and buy the axles?

What would you do?

Here's the specs on it: K5 chassis, framerails terminated at rear-most spring hangers; C10 cab, dented to ****; 4" lift, homebrew shackle reversal; tired 350 under the hood, carb'd; TH350, rebuilt with reverse-manual valvebody; NP205 with 10 spline front output; D44 front with drive flanges; 14b rear, lincoln locked; worn out 35" SSR's; 22 gal Jaz fuel cell.

And a pic: [​IMG]

2. clarkjw24

clarkjw24 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Take it URE in Oct then sell it, buy the axles for another project. Its easy to find a cheap or free K5 to start over with later.

3. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

What he said. I'm contemplating using the axles I've got for my Yukon under something else, like a yota truck or a (God help me) heep. There are plenty of project vehicles out there, and with one-tons ready to go in, you'd have a hell of a trail rig in no time. Just don't get bored and sell the axles :D

4. sarasotausmc

sarasotausmc 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Bring the truck and title to URE, and just give it to me. If you're gonna start over, why dwell over the past? Now wasn't that easy?

5. BigOrange90Jimmy

BigOrange90Jimmy 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Um.....right. HAHA! I wouldn't have the money to get the 1-tons then!

I guess you guys have a good idea. Make one last "hurrah" with it, then part company with it for a new set of axles.

As long as I've wanted a D60, it'll probably stay with me for life...HAHA!

6. thezentree

thezentree 3/4 ton status

Hey, it's an investment for the future!

(at least that's how I rationalize it)

7. dontoe

dontoe 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Well, my $.02 worth............wheel it at Autumn Thump, then decide........:wink1: