Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've HAD it! Blazer for sale!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BLzr4x4ngkid, Feb 24, 2001.

1. BLzr4x4ngkid

BLzr4x4ngkid 1/2 ton status

I\'ve HAD it! Blazer for sale!

It's been raining here all day and all night. My mom drove my truck all day yesterday then when she got home we went to pick up her car from the shop. I drove through a puddle of water and when we got to the shop it started to run really rough. No biggy right? Well, it is, did everything possible and it still runs TERRIBLE! Then on the way home from work this morning, the wipers just stop working and my friend accidently cracks the windshield. The truck is a piece of crap and as far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to lift it, I'm going to fix it and sell it. I have an opportunity to buy and '86 Blazer in almost excellent condition, just has a stuck valve. Sorry, but I just had to vent.

"Don't hit me with them negative waves so early in the morning." Odd Ball--Kelly's Hereos

2. muddin4fun

muddin4fun 3/4 ton status

Re: I\'ve HAD it! Blazer for sale!

I had a dually like that. Something was always wrong with it. When I stuck a forsale sign in it, the day after the block cracked. You have never seen a lady cuss like I did after that. I was going to insure it full coverage and roll it off a cliff. Someone still paid 2 grand for it though. After that damn truck I didn't want to have anything to do with trucks for a while. But I'm back! LOL!

[​IMG] Keep your feet dry [​IMG]
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com>http://muddin4fun.coloradok5.com</A>

3. 4GUNZ4X4Z

4GUNZ4X4Z 1/2 ton status

Hey check your distributer cap...sounds like it might be loose or cracked or something...that should take care of puddles making it drive rough.
    I feel for ya, man. I've been there before and it sucks. Little nickle and dime crap gets expensive and old after awhile.

<font color=blue>Professional <font color=red>JEEP EATER</font color=red> it's a population control thing.</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. Blazer_Boy

Blazer_Boy 1/2 ton status

I bought someone's nickle and dime machine. When I got the '82 here's rundown of what was wrong. Shock's were absoultely TOAST. Rear leaf spring was broken. Tires were as bald as cojack. Front driveshaft was gone. Needed new front brakes. Rear u-joint was ready to blow. KC's didn't work and needed to be totally rewired (put in about 40 ft or new wire). Distrubutor was seized (advance would move and there was a dead spider in the cap, lol). Carb was in need of an overhaul. Emissions and EGR lines were gone. EFE system hooked up backwards and masking tape was shoved in a hose that they didnt hook up. My snorkel and stove stack for the air cleaner were gone. The battery was on its last leg. Most of the lights in the dash were burnt out along with the interior ones. Burned out headlight and brake light. Passenger door pin switch was seized. The little knob on the wiper switch was gone. The pedal on the foot feed was broken. It was dirty as hell too. I've fixed ALL of that and Im still not done and I've owned the truck for over 6 months.

I still gotta put in a new bed, tailgate, grind off the rust and properly bondo the little rust patches (repainting the whole thing this summer). I'm almost done with the transfer case leaks. I have a new switch for my 4-wheel drive light on order. Still haven't figured out where all the power steering fluid is comming out. I'm scratching my head trying to figure what kinda temperature sensor fits my motor. I've got a stupid belt thats squeaking. My stereo is POS and the speaker in the back are rusted thanks to the holes in the bed. The latch on my sunroof is broken.

Trust me, you haven't seen nuthin! Thats the fun, alot of us pray for something to break so we can fix it (excluding things that are a PIA). What's the fun of getting something that you don't have to bring back to the world of the living. Even that '86 is gonna break every now and then. Save your cash up and get that genius friend to buy you an OEM winshield.

Two lanes wide, twelve yards long, sixty-five tons of American pride....Canyanero!

5. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

My Blazer is pissing me off too. All the window leak, including the windshield I jsut fixed, the engine makes a bunch of wierd noises in idle, and I'm tired of all the crap with it.

90K5

See my truck at <A target="_blank" HREF=http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502>http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Albumindex?u=1329584&a=9886502</A>

6. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color=blue>My truck runs great but the stupid blinkers dont work! When the headlights are off, I only get 4 ways and the dash blinks with them. When the headlights are on the blinker indicators light up and nothing works. Dont even get me started on the body! I have no drivers rocker panel, the core suport rotted away where the body mount is (core suport flops when off road and headlights fall out [​IMG] ), the body mount bolt in front of the passenger seat pulled through the floor, and the only thing holding my bedsides on is the hardtop, the tailgate (which along with the rear lift gate is permanantly closed), and the ratchet strap behind the front seats! But I have a built 355, 4.10 3/4 ton axles with rear disks, swampers, and a daily car so who gives!</font color=blue>

[​IMG]

7. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Since everyone is venting and relasing their pisted off energy as well as giving ease to others... Here's my story... Bought my K5 about 4 months ago (2nd one)Gave it a compete tune up w/ cap, plugs , wires, rotor, coil, fuel filter. Then replace all 4 ball joints, both drag link ends, frt brakes, did the u-jts in the rear shaft and then had it rebalanced and then the next week the tranny blew apart when it was rebuilt 40k ago (by one crappy shop says my tranny guy). After all that I still have this intermitant vibration that has to be the rear end crapping out, I can't get the fill plug out because it is stripped out, the rear shocks are junk, and the automatics hubs are going bonkers clicking in and out... not to mention the piece only gets 10 mpg tops... Also now we have the biggest snow storm of the year and Fed Ex hasn't delievered my hubs yet because they can't find my house... it is the middle of the city for crying out loud! (also note second biggest snow storm was the day my tranny puked 5 miles from school and the day after). I'm so pisted I could blow it up... But Damn I love that piece of crap LOL. (Plus spent the day today fixing and winching out F**d exploders that had hit the ditch and rolled over hahaa... I feel better now)[​IMG]

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

8. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Hmmm, let me see......in the last year, I've had my engine lock up, only to mysteriously unsieze and drive fine ever since. I've also replaced the front CV boot 3 times, replaced the ball-joints after one snapped, rebuilt the TBI unit, replaced the torque converter after it exploded and took out the flywheel with it, and the list goes on! It is sitting at home right now waiting to have the CV joint replaced. I might just go to a solid axle, if I ever get the time and money.

[​IMG]<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch>http://www4.ncsu.edu/~brschoch</A>
    My truck beat up your SUV