Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

I've learned a lot about winter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by laketex, Jan 30, 2004.

1. laketex

laketex 3/4 ton status

I\'ve learned a lot about winter

1) Southern winshield washer fluid freezes. And in the winter up north, you need it...A LOT
    2) Don't plan to go anywhere fast in your 2wd 3/4 ton diesel on ice.
    3) MT/Rs are awesome snow tires!
    4) -4 is really [darn] cold
    5) Snow can be both pretty AND a pain in the ass.
    6) Long-assed winters really make you appreciate summer!
    7) My K5 has a snow leak. No, not a water leak...water doesn't get in, but snow sure as heck does...somehow.
    8) Full Carharts, Mechanix gloves, a stocking hat, and hot chocolate are all required to work in 8" of snow on a truck
    9) Parking brake slides in the wife's car in Target's parking lot are FUN!
    10) ^^^^^Don't get caught^^^^^^
    11) And today...I learned that no matter how much snow/salt crap is on your truck, DO NOT wash it at the self service car wash place. You'll replace the snow/salt crap with solid sheet ice, and that ain't cool!

Submitted by: A texan in illinoise.

Bryan

2. rick88blaze

rick88blaze 1/2 ton status

Re: I\'ve learned a lot about winter

When I left Illinois for the Air Force and got stationed in Missouri, I met a lot of people that had never seen snow before. I always got a kick out of watching somebody drive on snow and ice that had never done it before. It was most always /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

I'm going to have to get used to it again when I get stationed in Nebraska next March after I return from Korea. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

I lived in the snow for a winter. Ever have your tires freeze to the ground? How about the doors being frozen shut? Found out not to park under icycles the hard way. And if you look in your rear view mirror and see someone sliding towards you sideways,,, Get out of the way.... Found that out the hard way too... /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

doors froze shut, yep, couple times. hope ya brought the ice scraper in the night before so u can chisel in the door. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

5. Stomper

Stomper ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ GMOTM Winner

I like it when the brakes freeze over night from running through deep snow, and you have to put it in low lock to get them to break free in the morning /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif

6. joez

joez 1/2 ton status

My friends and i were out wheeling about this time last year, and i had my entire toyota freeze. Doors, hood, tailgate, windows, brakes, tires to ground, windsheild wipers, starter, suspension, toolbox. it was about 0* out and we had to drive through a creek to get back to my house. The creek is only a couple blocks away, so not everything froze good by the time i got home. But the next morning i was under the truck holding a blow torch to the starter to thaw it out. And the doors.

The winters up here suck, but they could be a lot worse. I just dont get how the media can make such a big deal about the 2" of snow we have. And the cold. WE LIVE IN CHICAGO, ITS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS! That, and people who cant drive. It will be light flurries and people are driving 25mph in a 50. /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

7. civicstomper

civicstomper 1/2 ton status

Man, Im sick of this winter so far. My truck doesnt like it, my sled blew a piston /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, and the snow is too powdery to ride on. Today the plow truck got stuck plowing, and I had to use my /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif to yank it out. All I know is doing doughnuts in the van is a lot fun /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -pete /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

8. bigburban383

bigburban383 1/2 ton status

I worked at a tire store...

Customer - "Can you balance my tires, I got a really bad vibration"

GO TO THE SPRAY WASH AND CLEAN THE ICE OUT FROM INSIDE YOUR RIMS!!

9. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

thats almost funny. before the snow hi my truck had a vibration after 50 then after the snow it went away /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I quess the snow balanced it for me /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif

10. boggerless

boggerless 1 ton status Premium Member

winter sucks d**k.nothing good comes from it.except the utility companies make more loot.people drive like ass holes it takes an hour to do a 15 minute drive.FU*K WINTER /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gifto /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif

11. jac6695

jac6695 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]

7) My K5 has a snow leak. No, not a water leak...water doesn't get in, but snow sure as heck does...somehow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Isn't that a weird concept? I have had the same thing happen to me! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

12. Beast388

Beast388 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    3) MT/Rs are awesome snow tires!

[/ QUOTE ]

Why yes they are! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

13. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

What a pu$$y. /forums/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

I've lived in and dealt with the white $h!t for 33 years. I'm tired of it but I can't get out of here since this is where I'm stuck for good probably. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif