Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

ive seen theese tires on a few trucks on here...ride quality...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by twoslo4five0, Feb 1, 2007.

1. twoslo4five0

twoslo4five0 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

alright heres the skinny...i got a burb with 35 bfg muds right now...they are going bald and now its time to get some new tires...the truck is a street truck and is never used off road....also is used quite a bit to tow with....how do theese tires ride,road noise and just overall look...can i put them on regular 16.5 wheels???fill me in on this...

tires.JPG

2. Txchevy18

Txchevy18 1/2 ton status

Those would be 36" goodyear mtr's. They are milatary radial tires that came as oem on gov. issused hummves. They seem to last for ever and tend be dirt cheap for their size. Yes they will fit a civilan 16.5 rim. Tho they may come on a set of millatry double beadlocks. The beadlocks work very well but, with the deep offset( 8" ) they require either dually axles or spacers to run them stock. The centers can be cut out and new ones be welded in place with w/e backspacing you desire.

Hope that helps
    Blazerkid

3. twoslo4five0

anyone know anything about ride quailty???comperable to a bfg mud...they are bias ply...

4. Brians89K5

Brians89K5 1/2 ton status

They ride good once the flat spots are gone. I got mine because my truck is driven to and from the offroad places and I wanted a tire that would last. They ride ok I suppose, my suspension is a little stiff. You can feel some deviation in the sidewalls but not enough to care about. I've been pretty happy with it so far. Heres a pic of them in action.

~Brian

Bigblazsmall.JPG

5. big dan

big dan 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I had a set. got em used with 65% tread left. they rode like crap and lasted 3 months on the pavement. they werent as bad as some tires but they are bias ply and had flat spots after sitting. noisy too. but then again I got em for free.

6. twoslo4five0

do you have any experiance with bfgs at all are they a comperable match???

7. Brians89K5

How did you drive on them and what was your PSI when driving on the roads? I have had mine on my truck for about a year and they have seen tons of road miles and still look brand new.

I have had bad experiences with the BFG muds, I have owned two sets. They wore on me pretty quick especially if your truck comes out of alignment. I have also owned the all terrains and for an all terrain I loved them. They wore great and I never had any problems with the little trails I would take them on. If your driving your truck on the street I would tell you to go for those.

~Brian

8. twoslo4five0

i was just liking the price on a set of thoose...

9. Brians89K5

Me too! Thats why I bought them! Hell, for four tires at that price I have NO room to complain and they do me well. Not as well as a set of tires that are 800+ for four, but then again, I didn't pay 800+ either. :cool: