Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

J.C. Whitney Headliner Panel

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Parf, Nov 16, 2001.

1. Parf

Parf Registered Member

Has anyone tried J.C. Whitney's "HEADLINER WITH CENTER CONSOLE AND 4 BUILT-IN SPEAKERS "?
    <a target="_blank" href=http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=93542&amp;BQ=jcw2&amp;_requestid=22348>http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=93542&amp;BQ=jcw2&amp;_requestid=22348</a>
    I know J.C. Whitney makes or sells crap, but maybe the the speakers are replaceable with some nice 5" infinity's or JL's. Anyone have any experience with this product? It seems like a good place to mount some speakers....

2. anatomiczero

anatomiczero 1/2 ton status

My dad has that in his Jimmy (might be my Jimmy soon hopefully) He kept the stereo in the stock place. A couple of months ago I dosconected the speakers on it and I think it sounds better without them. Maybe I can use the space for the radio to put a CB or something there. Hmmm, maybe a tv...

----------------------------------
    soon to have a blazer/jimmy

3. 4x4_76

4x4_76 1/2 ton status

That headliner would be nice place for head unit or for a CB like antomiczero said.But the speaker location totally sucks...well,if you don't mind about stereo image,then it's ok.But I would use original location on dash and modifie them for good pair of coaxial speakers.

I'm too lazy to stick shift,that's why I prefer autotranny.

4. Eric78K5

Eric78K5 1/2 ton status

I have this in my 78K5. Great place to mount the radio. But as stated before, the speakers suck, and so does imaging with them. They are replacable, but you need 4 inch speakers, not 5 inch. I use them as front speakers, and fade almost all power to the rears, cause the stock ones can't even handle full power from a pioneer head unit.

Eric78K5
    K5-Because Size Matters!