Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

J.C. WHITNEY IS THE WORST COMPANY TO BUY DASHS FROM!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 82Jimmy, Oct 8, 2000.

1. 82Jimmy

82Jimmy 1/2 ton status

I bought a shell or a cover that went over the exsisting dash...had it for a year or so but put it on about 2months ago. It has cracks all over it, and is peeling at the cornors. They say they can do nothing about it because I left it under extreme conditions, and left it un-covered making it warp into a different shape and I didn't do it right. I happen to cover my windshield everytime I leave it. I also keep it well cleaned and it is never under "extreme conditions" I think from now on no one should buy anything dash related from them. Don't get me wrong they are a great company, but everyone has problems with there stuff...seatbelts...dashs....ect...anyone experience the same problems?

Waiting for the surgeon general to ban K5's and Jimmys for being too addictive

2. dawson444

dawson444 1/2 ton status

Yes just about everything I have ordered from them has been crap. They really aren't a good company at all. I don't plan to buy anything else from them again.

Dawson
    88 K5

3. Jason73K5

Jason73K5 1/2 ton status

I got a Dash Cover from Sears a while back and wasn't impressed with it either. It just doesn't seem to fit as well as it should. I've had Dash Covers for 280Z's from JC Whitney and they fit great, so I think it might be just more of a problem with the Chevy style in general.

4. CAPTAINK5-CT

CAPTAINK5-CT 1/2 ton status

Actually, JCW is the only place I was able to find the rear tail pan cross member. I have several restoration catalogs and noone carries this part. I guess things have to be taken on a part by part basis.

5. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

i personally have never bought critical items from JCwhitney, i have only bought the kind of stuff that you cant go wrong with, like heat shield, glue, etc.
    to me they are the 'made in china warehouse'. also, keep in mind they are more of a distributor than a manufacterer. the dash cover was probably made by accuform or coverlay or someone, find out and take it up with them.

Knife.
    knife.coloradok5.com