Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

J code intake on ebay.

Discussion in '1982-Present GM Diesel' started by arveetek, Jul 28, 2003.

1. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

I just stumbled across this today. It's not mine. It's an early model divided plenum J code intake, but it will still flow better than the C code job with the EGR valve taking up so much room.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46098&item=2425422616

I have the later model open plenum intake on mine. I can't say it made a ton of improvement, but it did some. I think it's a good upgrade.

Casey

2. edeslaur1

edeslaur1 1/2 ton status

Casey,

What's the biggest difference - just missing the center divider in the plenum?

I have mine off and if that's the extent of the change, I have the tools (and a spare manifold in case I screw up) ... ;-)

3. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Yes, that's the biggest difference between the early and late model J code intakes. My intake has no center divider, and only one port for the CDR. The early models have two ports, one for each side of the divided plenum. With no divider, there's no need for two ports. So if you change to a single port like I did, you'll have to plug one of the original CDR hoses.

Casey

4. edeslaur1

edeslaur1 1/2 ton status

Since I'm putting a turbo on anyways, I should be OK hacking out the divider then?

The "spare" manifold comes with both ports plugged since it was on the motor I'm "borrowing" the turbo from.

I may yank the plugs and just weld up the holes while I'm at it.

Thanks!

5. arveetek

arveetek 1/2 ton status

Yes, you can cut the divider out with no problems.

Casey