Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

J/Y TRICKS !

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by K10ANDYKHAMNIC, Dec 21, 2002.

1. K10ANDYKHAMNIC

K10ANDYKHAMNIC 1/2 ton status

OK all yall bow down , im a genius . haha not but i found a good trick for rusty bolts in a jy that doesnt allow torches and u didnt bring any penetrating oil . so there i was , with my longhandle S-K 3/8s drive ratchet trying to get the u bolts off this dang fizzord F-one-fiddy .Trying and trying , kicking the wrench they wer so tight and rusty , well i got one side off and then proceded to the other . Well when i started the brakeline was in the way , so i pulled out my chisel and chopped the offending line out of the way and in doing so ,sprayed brakefluid on my self . then it hit me , put the brake fluid on the bolts dummy ! ill never buy penetrating oil again , just save your old brake fluid , it really whoops the fizzords rusty bolts ! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif good ole /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif thinking . /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

2. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

my exhaust pipes were rust and when i got brake fluid on em, they cleaned up real nice, but if u dont wipe it all off and clean it, then they will rust right away again

NITRO

3. m j

m j 1/2 ton status

OR
    use the cold chisel to split the nuts off and then they spin right off /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

4. fr8train

fr8train 1/2 ton status

Good idea man. Me, I always carry a 4.5ft length of heavy wall tube to use as a "slip on" breaker bar. Makes a good walking stick too.

5. 87sm465np208

87sm465np208 1/2 ton status

one thing we do here, is use never-seize on the threads on the U-bolts for the exaust, i can free mine up nicely while my buddy is stubborn and likes to break his U-bolts off, go figure, but yea, brake fluid does wonders to rusted parts, i used it when takeing the BIG U-bolts off my rear axle, it did indeed work, and i was pleasently surpized. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif