Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jacking it up

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by solid454, May 12, 2000.

1. solid454

solid454 Registered Member

My blazer is all stock right now but i have a ff14 bolt sitting around with gears somewhere in the 2's. i was woundering witch lift kit i sould get. skyjackers superlift or trail master. and should i go with 4inch or a 6 inch. i want to do some rock crawling and mud bogging. and what size tire sould i get?

BIG HEAVY AND MEAN

2. Corey-88K5

Corey-88K5 1/2 ton status

Home: Michigan, Stationed: Hill AFB (Home of Moab.
    Depending on what drivetrain your truck currently is equipped with, you may not want to install the 14. Take into consideration, you will need new wheels, new tires, regear front & rear ( if geared as high as you suspect) Other added negatives is the massive weight of the 14 and the large loss of ground clearance. You will need to put on 35" tires to gain back the clearance you had with a stock 10bolt. The only real gain of the 14 is the strength. As far as the lift goes, if you go with a 4" lift, you shouldn't need new brakelines, driveshafts, steering correction. Going with a 6 or larger, plan on these additions.

If you come up with other questions, repost and we will re answer

Corey
    88K5

[​IMG]<font color=red>Girls Like Guys In Bow Ties
    http://www.geocities.com/corey_perez

3. Chaz88K5

Chaz88K5 1/2 ton status

with a 4" lift u WILL need to modify your drive shaft...i had to buy a all new one with a cv joint in in....it cost about 250 for the shaft alone

Chaz

"whoo my new pic is on the photo page...check it out!!"