Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jackman wheels

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Ressurection, Aug 31, 2000.

1. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Has anyone (esp. old timers) ever heard of Jackman Wheels? They were a manufacturer based in SoCal in the early '70's. No longer in business. I have 7 white spokes from them, they're pretty cool as far as white spokes go. They have a 'J' stamped into one of the spokes, but the big thing is that the spokes are HEAVY guage steel, and the ends are welded right to the outer rim (vs. a solid disc with triangles punched out). anyway, no point, just curious if anyone has heard of them.

You can't beat going Topless!

2. JoeAngelicchio

JoeAngelicchio 1/2 ton status

Oh yea, I remember them. I first started collecting the magazines back in 1975 and Jackman had adds in Four Wheeler and Off Road magazines. They were pretty popular back then. I remember when a 6" lift was the highest and the 35" Gumbo Monster Mudders and the Ground Hawgs were the biggest tires bac then. Swampers didn't even exist yet. Memories.......

<font color=green>Joe Angelicchio
    86 Jimmy 4+3, 35-&gt;39.5 tires,4spd
    </font color=green>
    [​IMG]

3. Emmettology 101

Emmettology 101 3/4 ton status

I remeber hearing about Jackman. i will have to keep an eye out for the "J" stamped on the spokes to see if my friend has some...

Mike [​IMG]
    See <font color=green>EMMETT</font color=green> -&gt; http://emmett.coloradok5.com

4. '73 K5

'73 K5 1/2 ton status

My friend has some 15x10 8 lug Jackman's on his truck. They are the beefiest looking rims I've ever seen.

'73 K5
    Chevy good...Ford bad

5. Ressurection

Ressurection 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the replies guys! After searching for years to find a couple spares I didn't think there were any around! It'd be interesting to see how many people know of them on this board!

You can't beat going Topless!