Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jackson, MS Members??

Discussion in 'Southeast Region' started by t89blazer, Sep 10, 2006.

1. t89blazer

t89blazer 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I am looking for other members in the Jackson, MS area. I am new to the area and would like to know if there are any other members located here. Maybe we could all get together and go have some fun at the Pearl River.

Look forward to hearing from you all!!

Tim
    tswagg911@aol.com

2. BulldogK5

BulldogK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

I'm just north of Flowood off Old Fannin Rd. I can't think of anywhere to get in over at the river but there are other possibilities. Where in Jackson are you?

Ward

3. t89blazer

I am just off of Lakeland in the apartments behind the Flowood Fire Dept. I have friends that live in the Bellhaven area that get to the river through the neighborhood. They have Toyota's but no fullsizes. What are your "other possibilities"? So how long did you serve time in Starkvegas? I was there for 5 years.

Tim

4. BulldogK5

All said and done it was 4 1/2 yrs. in 'Starkvegas'. I understand that you can get there from a neighborhood off of Old Canton Rd. but it is not fullsize friendly either. I will have to see if the old pipeline road is still doable off of 43 in Canton also.

I work for Flowood as the landscape director, have pity for me with Lakeland Dr. If you see the city's 05 Dodge Truck in town that is me. What does your rig look like? Just wondering if I have seen it. I have a tendency to be bad with names, ok with faces and know everyone by what they drive. Call it a gift or a curse, I don't know.

5. t89blazer

I have an 89 Chevy K5. It is blue with silver. My truck is still growing, it is not as big as yours.

Landscape director, does that mean you are in charge of the men in the orange suits?? I work on Old Whitfield Rd. so I am not in Flowood during your work hours but if I see you I will wave.

Do you know of any other members in the area? I would really like to take a look at some other Blazers and get some ideas. I saw your profile a while back and really liked the pic. It looks like you have a nice blazer. You will have to share with me your secrete to finding 1 ton axles in MS.

Tim

6. BulldogK5

You are welcome to check out mine anytime. It is parked at my parents house right now as my wife and I are moving at the end of the month. PM me and we can figure out how to meet up. Next month would really be better due to the move though.

There is a local club here I have been talking to some members about joining up with, only problem is it is a jeep club. They don't have a problem as long as I don't rag them about how jeeps suck and all the other BS that goes with it. Their site is www.cmsja.org

What do you do off Old Whitfield Rd? The inmate labor we use is female from the satelliter facility in town. The orange suits are the county inmates. We only get to use them on special occassions. Wave, honk, stop and chat, just don't try to run me over please. I will be the guy in a blue or white button down shirt, stupid uniforms:rolleyes: .

7. lamberthkp

lamberthkp SITFU Premium Member

im not to far from jackson, i live on the TN MS line by corinth but im gunna be in NC for about 2 more months so when ever i get back home i need to meet up with yall. :D

8. t89blazer

Ward,

Sounds Great. I would like to check out your ride sometime. I'm not in any hurry, I don't think I will be going anywhere. Weekends would be better for me because we are working alot of hours right now. As for my job, what would any MSU grad with an accounting degree do, I am a mechanic. The company I work for is ESSCO (http://enginesales.com/) and we build generator sets. It is a new career for me and one that I think I am really going to enjoy. The thought of being stuck in a cube for the rest of my life was very scary to me. I will check out the Jeep club, it sound interesting.

lamberthkp- Sounds good, it would be nice to have a group of CK5ers meet somewhere for a ride. Let me know when you come back home.