Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jacobs Ign. question.??? Help!!!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Chaotical, May 20, 2001.

1. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

Well.. I'm proud to say I finally purchased a Jacobs Ing, system.. The Mileage Master...Who Hoo!!

So I mounted all the hardware with an exeption of the Spark plug wires, which I put in my back seat with the top off...
    well some low life stole the damn plug wires and my freakin manual.. now I'm stuck...
    can I use any super density wires? Like MSD. or do I have to use Jacobs Wires?
    and Does anybody have a copy of the manual/instructions so I can finish installing this thing.
    any help would be greatly appreciated.......
    THANKS

Chaotic Entertainment
    Salt Lake City

2. 4x4k20

4x4k20 1/2 ton status

you can use any plug wires they dont have to be jacobs

4x4k20

3. 86K5TrailBlazer

86K5TrailBlazer 1/2 ton status

I don't know anything about these but I saw this at 4x4review.com

"The wires themselves first appeared to be "normal", until you read the fine print. Jacobs is the only company to offer a metal core with less than 250 ohms per foot (lowest of any wire available), a vacuum-deposited Teflon coating that protects against contaminants such as oil and other caustic agents, pure silicon insulation, and a unique boot vulcanization process that fuses together with the wires own insulation. They also provide a special Perma-slip grease so that the wires will never stick to the porcelain of the spark plug. "

Hope this helps ;)

4. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

Jacobs recomend that you use their wires... you should be able to purchase them seperately. Explain the situation and if they won't send out new wires for a decent price and a replacemnt manual tell them to BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPP w/ a BLEEP'N Stick. LOL [​IMG] I wouldn't think you would have any problems, but I have heard their customer service as well as their claims/product are $h@T from quite a few people [​IMG]. I run MSD myself w/ excellent results.

[​IMG]
    1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI

5. Toad

Toad 1/2 ton status

Shane,

You might have to buy new ones. If they are super expensive, I'd check to see if your insurance would cover the replacement parts.

Where were you when they got stolen. I'd go file a police report with the Salt Lake police, Sheriff or which ever law enforcement office covers your area if you haven't yet.

I'm getting tired of all of the theives in the SL Valley. I had my stereo stolen one year and it ticked me off cause they broke my window and dash. I only had liablity. I didn't have my serial number written down either so the sheriff told me it would be impossible to let me know if they ever found it. Spark plug wires may be different though.

Please let us know how the Jacob system works once you have had a chance to test it out.

6. Chaotical

Chaotical Registered Member

This is the funny part...........

I'm at 4 wheel parts warehouse.. and I'm talking to the sales guy about getting my SSR's.. well I mention that I had just bought a Jacobs Ign. to the guy and My guess it some one over heard the conversation and went out to my Jimmy and took the Jacobs box.... I got outside not thinkin about it drove off and take a look back at an empty seat....

I was PISSED off... but o well I bet whoever kifed it was'nt to happy to find just wires and a manual..
    O well thats life..

Chaotic Entertainment
    85 Jimmy 4" Lift, 3" body Lift, Dana 44, 14bff,
    37" SSR's
    Salt Lake City