Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jacobs Omni Team Ignitions

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by det45, Mar 5, 2001.

1. det45

det45 1/2 ton status

Doe's anyone have any experience with the Jacobs Electronics Omni Team High Output Ignitions? Any advice would be appreciated.....Det45

One Fine 89.....

2. Blazer79

Blazer79 1/2 ton status

There was a discussion about this a while ago. The conclusion was that even if you could prove that Jacobs is better than MSD or other brands, you'd be using their warranty much too often (leaving you stranded meanwhile). Go with MSD or Crane ignitions.

<font color=blue>//////
    <A target="_blank" HREF=http://blazer79.coloradok5.com>http://blazer79.coloradok5.com</A>
    </font color=blue>[​IMG]

3. TheGeneral

TheGeneral 1/2 ton status

I have had a jacob's omni team package for 3 years now, and I don't have anything negative to say about it at all. The only thing I had to correct was put some rubber busings and sound deadner material behind super coil, as I could hear it through the fire wall (I mounted it there), and my wife hit the dam theft deterent switch and didn't tell me, so I was pissed off for about 30 minutes trying to figure out why she wouldn't start (you forget a lot of crap about your rig, when you haven't driven anything for 6 mo.s due to overseas). I would recommend it, and I have heard nothing bad about MSD either.

If you ain't hurt, you ain't playin' hard enough.

The General

4. 85Blazer

85Blazer Registered Member

I've had two Jacobs products. First the energy pak and then the omni pak. They both failed in less than 20k miles. I would steer clear of Jacobs products.

5. CaptCrunch

CaptCrunch 1/2 ton status

I was looking into this a few months back, but went w/ the mSD... is cheaper and has a better name. Plus heard a lot of problems w/ Jacobs and heard the warranty is a joke. A couple guys were really harassed by Jacobs and had a real hard time actually getting warrantied. I love my MSD Offroad... idles way better... a touch more power... and starts way better cold now (especially when it's -20 or so). I haven't really opened the gap yet on my plugs... going to gap them at .06 when I get a chance... then hopefully should see some more improvements.

1987 Chevy K5 Blazer- 350 TBI