Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jamb Nuts! Get 'em while they're hot!!

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by shane74, May 28, 2003.

1. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

Jamb Nuts! Get \'em while they\'re hot!!

I found a source for jamb nuts for the tie rod ends. They will be around $9 a piece, but they are the correct ones. Woody's 4x4 here in Vancouver can get them. Call 360-693-6840 and ask for Jay. He know's all about the deal.

This did not turn out as I expected. /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif When I talked to the people at the parts store, they ASS-SURED me that the TRE's would come with the jamb nuts. They were wrong! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif I just hope that none of you think I was being dishonest. I was totally under the impression that the TRE's would come with the correct hardware. I apologize. /forums/images/graemlins/1zhelp.gif

2. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

Re: Jamb Nuts! Get \'em while they\'re hot!!

did anyone talk to Vancouver nut and bolt, 9 bucks seems a bit high but then again I've been to Woody's once....

"ONCE"

It was an attempted rape....

Luckily I escaped with my butthole and my wallet in tact... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

woodys is spendy, but at the same time they are purdy good people, and if I was gonna have a shop do some work, I'd MUCH rather have them under my rig than the idiots at 4WPW... who I'd rather see under my tires... /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

/forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

j

4. shane74

shane74 1/2 ton status

I tried every place under the sun! (within a 100 mile radius that is) They are the only source I have been able to find so far. I have tried every parts store, dealer, fab shop, etc., looking for these. I think he found a guy to machine them. I couldn't make them any cheaper. It's not that the material is expensive, it the freakin' labor that kills ya!

5. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

First off, no problem. No way you could have known, as all but one place I spoke to myself 'assumed' they would have jam nuts too.

Second, I just spoke to Jay - he ordered me one left hand jam nut - but said you (Shane) might be coordinating an order to get a quantity buy going.

Guess if anyone wants/needs one, post up here so the supply can keep coming.

Jay told me it would be 2-3 business days before they get one.......... /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif