Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Jameson...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Nov 6, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Tattoo shop owner is Irish, he loves all things Irish. Well last night we did shots of Jameson. First I've had it by itself(usually in my favorite drink, aka a car bomb). My god, I haven't had a whiskey go down that smooth and warm in a long time. It was heavenly. 12 year old stuff, I'd love to try the 18 year old.

2. gauder

gauder Banned

Bought my buddy a bottle of 16yr old Lagavulin for Christmas last year. Of course we had to taste it. Starts off sweet, ends smokey, and of course always winds up getting me in trouble with the wife.

3. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

They brew it and then let it sit for 10+ years then sell it????

4. gauder

gauder Banned

Whiskey matures in oak casks. The legal minimum when aging whiskey is 3 years. During this maturation process the whiskey "breathes" in the barrel, gaining aroma, flavor and color. Aging, sometimes referred to as mellowing, takes the edge off the raw whiskey and creates what we know as the smooth whiskey. Also, during the aging process, a percentage of the alcohol evaporates. This evaporated alcohol is called the "angels' share".

5. 84gmcjimmy

84gmcjimmy 1 ton status

Wow thanks that's really interesting. Is it possible to drink right after it's made? or does it have to be 3 or more years? Is it because it's % alcohol is high, or why does it have to be more than 3 years?

haha thanks! :doah:

6. chrisb420

chrisb420 1/2 ton status

smooth whiskey

not irish but great bourbon its called basil hayden, its a kentucky bourbon that might be the smoothest i have ever had. i got it in a display called the kentucky small batch collection it was a 1/5 of knob creek, bookers, bakers, and the basil hayden. all were good but i dont remember that week very good :D

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

thats what you call moonshine ;P moonshine is clear (i really have no idea if thats true, it just sounded right )

8. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I love both Irish Whisky and Scotch. My favorite Irish whiskey is Bushmills Single Malt and my favrite Scotch is Glenmoangie.

9. cbbr

cbbr 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

It gets its taste, for the most part, in the aging process. Several years in casks and its just right. Right away and it would not be smooth at all.

10. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

can't imagine the bite of a whiskey fresh from making. I'd certainly hurl on that shot...

11. OrangeCrushK10

OrangeCrushK10 1/2 ton status

Jameson is my Girls fav drink. I personally have been into Yukon Jack lately. Now there's something that'll kick you around. :D