Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JAN 02 4WHEEL & OFFROAD

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 2BLAZERS, Nov 29, 2001.

1. 2BLAZERS

2BLAZERS 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Just got the issue yesterday. 2 weeks after the December issue. Anyways is the Blazer on pages 62 and 63 anyones on this list? What about the kick-ass Surburban on page 68 or the Blazer on 70? Are Fullsize Blazers becoming popular in the off-road press again? We seem to be getting a lot of coverage lately. It has been a nice change after all the Jeep TJ overkill coverage lately.

What do you guys think of the 50,000 dollar Surburban on page 91? I am thinking they need to get back to real trail rigs guys can afford. If it was given to me I sure would enjoy it though.

Anyways another great issue. Way better then my Jan 02 issue of Off-Road. Can you believe the Nascar driver trucks they put in the issue. I mean Dale Jr's winch looks brand new, like they installed it for the photo shoot. Not to mention his Chevy and the Biffle Superduty truck are both pretty plain looking trucks to even put in a magazine. See trucks like those driven by rich possers all the time.

Just my thoughts.

Elliot
    91 and 79 Blazers
    Keizer, OR

2. kpanza

kpanza 1/2 ton status

I think David Kennedy is representing us K5ers and full size trucks really well in 4W&OR!! Way to go David!

3. Boss

Boss 1/2 ton status Author

Damn, Can't wait till 4 weeks from now, b/c that's when I will get my mag!! [​IMG]
    Boss

Pic of my truck Before N' After
    <a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BeforeNAfter</a>

4. Russell Keys

Russell Keys 1/2 ton status

DAMN, They spent so much time getting you the Jan. issue they musta forgot my Dec. issue. I guess that's why they sell subscriptions for $10.00. Hopefully when/if I do get it, it will be more than just the outside cover this time.

5. pcorssmit

pcorssmit 1/2 ton status

The Blazer on p70 belongs to Steve Rumore of Avalanche Engineering (the Sniper/Assasin guy). Pretty cool truck. I thought the blue one was kind of silly, though.

Pete

'83 K5, 350 TBI (ex 6.2), 700R4, NP208, Dana 60/14 bolt, 4.56s, Detroits, 3" lift, 15-39.5x15 TSLs
    '97 Dodge 2500 4x4 CC LB Sport, Cummins 5 spd

6. BigTex

BigTex 1/2 ton status

YES!!! Elliot, I totally agree about the Dale Earnhardt Jr. truck in Offroad. I mean, EVERYONE in this city has a truck like that. And every other guy has a Ford like Biffle's. That magazine is really starting to suck! Their articles are so-so at best and their ads are starting to look more interesting than the features. That's too bad because it used to be a cool magazine.

<font color=red>"SETTING OFF ALARMS IN A CITY NEAR YOU!"</font color=red>

<a target="_blank" href=http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine>http://coloradok5.com/gallery/BigTex-Mean-Machine</a>

7. i'd like to see some better pics of that burb on 42s with a 4 inch lift. bad ars! Rumore's rig is pretty sweet too[​IMG]

<font color=blue> Experience enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

</font color=blue>

8. 90BlazerK5

90BlazerK5 Registered Member

Yeah, taht blue Blazer is a little silly. Not sure I want ot be getting that spare off the roof! [​IMG] I do like how the exhaust is routed though.... Any advantages/ disadvantages to doing it this way? Just wondering....

Where did all these damned dirty apes come from!?!