Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JBA Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by pomai, Dec 13, 2005.

1. pomai

pomai 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Has anyone installed these headers, JBA #1830-5JT into there Blazer? How did they fit and, did you encounter any problems with the installation?
    How do you like them?

Thanks Ed
  2. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Jul 20, 2000
    WOW! those are some spendy headers.700 bucks??? Or did i look up the wrong part #? You can get headers that make more power for a lot less.
    You wont get the most out of those headers unless you also buy a JBA Ypipe. which will cost even more. If you just bolt them up to your stock Y pipe you are just throwing money away because the stock pipe is more restrictive than aftermarket.
    If you want good coated headers for le$$. I suggest Thorley tri Ys. quite a bit cheaper and they include a Y pipe.
    Also the Edelbrock TES is a good system. Both are 50 state smog legal and sell under $500 for ceramic coated headers.
    But if you have the bucks and want the best go JBA.
  3. onlychevy6

onlychevy6 1/2 ton status

Mar 29, 2003
    Hawaii is pretty sctrict if i am not mistaken on smogging. Also Edlebrock doesn't make there headers for all blazers. For instance. On my old 78 that had to be smogged they did not make them as of a few months ago. Don't have to worry about it now. I have a 75. LOL