Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

jba headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by oldschool75, Oct 4, 2002.

1. oldschool75

oldschool75 Registered Member

i have a 75 gmc jimmy and just bought a set of jba shorty headers. i thought they woul bolt right up but they don't. has anyone used these on an older truck like mine? what all do i have to do (short of buying jba's y pipe for $200.00 bucks)?

2. GOK5

GOK5 Registered Member

I can't answer your question on fit as my install was on a '88 egr 350, BUT, an fyi for you is to check the milling where it bolts to the head. After 4 sets of gaskets and countless hours of beechin' /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif, I found out the planeing(sp?) of JBA headers was incorrect and kept blowing the gaskets out. Took them to local machine shop for milling and have not had a problem since (2yrs)

3. TIGHTWORK82 K5

TIGHTWORK82 K5 1/2 ton status

got a set of flow techs from pepboys for 110 bucks bolted up like a dream!

4. Chris Demartini

Chris Demartini 1/2 ton status

<font color="blue">Go down to your local exhaust shop and have them hook your headers up to what you have now. Thats what I did