Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

JBA Headers

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by tkjimmy, Oct 10, 2000.

1. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

Alright..........I got my JBA Headers on finally, but have exhaust leaks where the collector bolts to my factory Y-Pipe. I put the Stage 8 header bolts on to prevent backing out, but the JBA's have the "FireCone" as the collector and say you just bolt it up with no gasket. Has anyone else out there had this problem, and if so how did you fix it? Any help would be great.

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    http://tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

2. tkjimmy

tkjimmy Registered Member

What, nobody has these issues? Someone help if you can. Getting tired of the exhaust leaks. Thanks for all the support...................and LONG LIVE THE K5!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tkjimmy--Wa. State
    http://tkjimmy.coloradok5.com

3. blazer72

blazer72 1/2 ton status

Mine liked to leak at the head so I went to a copper gasket and that stopped but I have never had a prob at the pipe.

I understand the jeep thing I drive a BLAZER!!

Ken

4. mudfanatic

mudfanatic 1/2 ton status

at the collector there is a company who sells 1/8th" thick soft aluminum gaskets which work great and are reusable.
    I have them on my truck and love them.
    Dan

<font color=red>get involved with land issues or lose the land</font color=red>